Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUICK QUESTION, EVERYONE THAT HAS A CAB ENCLOSURE ON THEIR COMMANDER? WHAT ONE DID YOU GET? HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? PROS AND CONS? AND WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IT TO FRIENDS?

I AM THINKING ABOUT GETTING ONE BUT CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND, I GOT A CAN AM WINDSHIELD, AND A HARDTOP (IT'S NOT THE SPORT TOP, IT COMES JUST PAST ROLL BAR) AND I CAN NOT MAKE A DESICION ON WHICH ONE IS THE BEST BANG FOR MY BUCK. KEEP IN MIND I DON'T WANT A 2000-5000 DOLLAR ENCLOSURE. SO ANY SUGGESTION WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

THANK YOU ALLL IN ADVANCE:commanderroll:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Kolpin windshield, radio roof, CSI soft rear window, CSI doors.. I feel like this is a decent cab system for what I need. I use my machine to hunt with, and just wanted to keep the wind/rain/mud from covering me.. It does that just fine...

One thing I like about the soft doors is how easily they can be put on and taken off.. They don't keep everything out though, you will get a few drops of water on you in a downpour. It would be really nice to have a roll up and down window, but these work fine for me..

The Kolpin windshield does its job as well, but isn't perfect.. I get a pretty good breeze of cold air through the gaps around doors/windshield.. But I expect those, and am ok with it.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I guess you would say I'm partial to the CSI soft cab and doors. I'm envied by the folks in my group cause I'm dry and warm. I also like the fact that the doors can pop off when not needed. The Windows can be rolled up if not needed when the weather changes for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like yours seymour, but i have a hard time finding them for the 2014 that will work with my top? And the can am site has the whole thing but i don't need the windshield or another top? Would buy the top if i needed but i didn't see where they sell without the windshield? For the 2014

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Oh I didn't realize that you couldn't buy it without the windshield? That's odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if you can get them without the windshield, i just haven't found one....hahahaha. I am trying to keep a open mind, i have seen tons of different soft enclosures, but no reviews? Thats why i was asking for pros and cons, and how people like what they have? I knew you liked yours i have seen yours several times on different post. And it is a nice set up you have.

·
Registered
108 Posts
IMG_0136.JPG
I second the CSI cab, it's great. I think my windshield is from Wide Open Company and it fits great, no air leaks at all. The doors leak a little but nothing to complain about. I had a hard top on before I put the soft cab on, the hard top just sits now and I leave the soft cab on all the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looking for soft enclosure for my photo above.Have kimpex doors,hard top,full windshield.ooking for back to wrap around and something for side windows.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have the Kolpin windshield, radio roof, CSI soft rear window, CSI doors.. I feel like this is a decent cab system for what I need. I use my machine to hunt with, and just wanted to keep the wind/rain/mud from covering me.. It does that just fine...

One thing I like about the soft doors is how easily they can be put on and taken off.. They don't keep everything out though, you will get a few drops of water on you in a downpour. It would be really nice to have a roll up and down window, but these work fine for me..

The Kolpin windshield does its job as well, but isn't perfect.. I get a pretty good breeze of cold air through the gaps around doors/windshield.. But I expect those, and am ok with it.
Go to Walmart or your local hardware and get the air condition insulation. Its like 2" wide and 3ft long. Get 4 you can do both sides of the kolpin windshield and stuff 2 across the top. The ones on the side you can cut off the excess. Works great on the back of the roof where it meets your back screen also.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Dz motorsports has all of CSI components complete kit or separate . Possibly on sale right now. Just got my maverick doors from them, $150 off retail.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zombie, i see, but it says 2011-2013?

And i contacted dz motorsports and he told me csi sold patent rights to the 2014-up?

Im not dead set on csi, just wanted to know what people had and how they like it, and if they would recommend it

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
Looking for soft enclosure for my photo above.Have kimpex doors,hard top,full windshield.ooking for back to wrap around and something for side windows.

Mr: family time since you have a roof and a front window just add a rear soft window and build some upper windows for your Kimpex doors .
I built some to fit my Kimpex doors and they can be tied back if I want the open feeling or they can just be lifted off and be left at the trailer before leaving . I do so much bush riding the soft side windows scratched up so fast it was terrible to try and look out after a couple trips

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats what I was looking for. I am a fabricator so that is perfect will look in McMaster Carr for hinges.what did you use for steel material?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Zombie, i see, but it says 2011-2013?

And i contacted dz motorsports and he told me csi sold patent rights to the 2014-up?

Im not dead set on csi, just wanted to know what people had and how they like it, and if they would recommend it
I see it on their page but when I tried to add it my cart it says no longer available.

This is their product # for the 2014 doors: CS-UBRP114

Call them maybe they have a set lying around.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts