Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
We had one, it bolts to the sides of the back seats.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
In the process of installing one now in my daughter and son in laws commander. They do mount between the seats which is a problem if the driver needs to move the seat up. I've fabbed up an alternative mount that as soon as I get back to it I'll post up pics..been dealing with a bunch of family sickness, including me.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
As stated above, I was installing the bump seat in my daughter and son in law's commander but the biggest issue was not being able to slide the drivers seat forward with the bump seat bolted between the two. My daughter is shorter and my S.I.L. is pretty tall.

Here is the solution I came up with. DISCLAIMER!!!! I have not safety tested this. Build this at your own risk. I am just showing what I came up with for MY use but in my opinion is pretty danged stout.

I was able to source some 3/16" steel from a local steel supplier as scrap for $5. I got a piece of angle and a straight piece. I also bought some grade 8 3/8" Flange bolts, washers and some nyloc nuts. I used a grinder an removed the lip from the end of the bracket on the bump seat. Then did a bit of heating and bending of the strip of steel so it would fit. The angle is mounted in the little notch and drilled through the tubular bar that is behind the plastics. I just drilled through the plastic and bar at the same time.

I freely admit I'm not a steel worker and I'm sure many of you could come up with a more elegant solution but this seems to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
We just installed one in the brother in laws rig that came out of a rzr. We basically made two brackets that went down and bolted to the factory seat belt bolt. I don’t have any pics but it was super cheap and ez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
We just installed one in the brother in laws rig that came out of a rzr. We basically made two brackets that went down and bolted to the factory seat belt bolt. I don’t have any pics but it was super cheap and ez.

No pictures, it didn’t happen....

·
Registered
73 Posts

This is exactly what I have in my garage, bump from a friend's rzr. It currently has two mounting tabs hanging off the bottom about 6in apart. Was considering getting a harness bar and "hanging" it off of there, but would love to see what you guys came up with.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts

This is exactly what I have in my garage, bump from a friend's rzr. It currently has two mounting tabs hanging off the bottom about 6in apart. Was considering getting a harness bar and "hanging" it off of there, but would love to see what you guys came up with.

I’ll see if I can get some pictures. But we did use the harness bar to attach the shoulder straps to it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts