Can-Am Commander Forum banner

bump seat

18K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Choded 
#1 · (Edited)
anyone out there find a way to get a bump seat attached to the rear or front on a Commander 1000 max XT

#3 ·
We had one, it bolts to the sides of the back seats.

#4 ·
In the process of installing one now in my daughter and son in laws commander. They do mount between the seats which is a problem if the driver needs to move the seat up. I've fabbed up an alternative mount that as soon as I get back to it I'll post up pics..been dealing with a bunch of family sickness, including me.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
As stated above, I was installing the bump seat in my daughter and son in law's commander but the biggest issue was not being able to slide the drivers seat forward with the bump seat bolted between the two. My daughter is shorter and my S.I.L. is pretty tall.

Here is the solution I came up with. DISCLAIMER!!!! I have not safety tested this. Build this at your own risk. I am just showing what I came up with for MY use but in my opinion is pretty danged stout.

I was able to source some 3/16" steel from a local steel supplier as scrap for $5. I got a piece of angle and a straight piece. I also bought some grade 8 3/8" Flange bolts, washers and some nyloc nuts. I used a grinder an removed the lip from the end of the bracket on the bump seat. Then did a bit of heating and bending of the strip of steel so it would fit. The angle is mounted in the little notch and drilled through the tubular bar that is behind the plastics. I just drilled through the plastic and bar at the same time.

I freely admit I'm not a steel worker and I'm sure many of you could come up with a more elegant solution but this seems to work.

Attachments

Reactions: homer32
#6 ·
We just installed one in the brother in laws rig that came out of a rzr. We basically made two brackets that went down and bolted to the factory seat belt bolt. I don’t have any pics but it was super cheap and ez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Thanks gooberbutt

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boogerhead
#13 ·
I installed the same seat 4x4ff did in the front, however all I needed to use was the seat belt bolts. It's been fine for a year with a 50s-lbs kid bouncing around on it. From looking at the diagrams online, I don't see why one couldn't do basically the same thing in the rear of a max.

Thought I had some pictures of the bracket modification but can't find them so far and my rig's up at our cabin. I will try and find them or get some photos in the next week or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.