Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here it is our first product for the commander. This brush guard will replace the stock plastic piece along with the lower grill that mounts behind the front tube bumper. Bolts in using all stock hardware and gives you a tough look while adding protection to the front of your unit.

We also built a spacer to let you mount the winch roller to the brush guard to get the roller out where you can easily reach it. If you dont have a winch we have a filler panel that has the same hex patter in it to match the rest of the brush guard.

The first 10 guys to order get free shipping to the lower 48 states.

Kyle

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We can powder coat it if you want thats no problem. I havent seen one of the can am bumpers but this mounts using the stock hardware and takes up less room than the stock plastic piece it replaced. Shouldnt be an issue looking at the pictures on the BRP site.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah for sure. Let me see when the my guys in the shop will have the production ones finished up. If I can get a pic of them in the AM it will save me from disassembling ours for photos.

I will have it set up two ways.

One with the block off plate for guys who dont have the winch that is a plate that bolts in place of the roller plate.

The other will have the spacer that bolts to the winch mount and to the brush guard to get the roller out where you can access the hook and not crush the brush guard. As shown in photos earlier today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a picture of the filler plate for the guys not running a winch. I would bolt this on from the back and you could always two tone the brush guard and filler panel. black/yellow or something.

FYI. We grained these pieces but if you want them powder coated we wont grain them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Yeah for sure. Let me see when the my guys in the shop will have the production ones finished up. If I can get a pic of them in the AM it will save me from disassembling ours for photos.

I will have it set up two ways.

One with the block off plate for guys who dont have the winch that is a plate that bolts in place of the roller plate.

The other will have the spacer that bolts to the winch mount and to the brush guard to get the roller out where you can access the hook and not crush the brush guard. As shown in photos earlier today.
It appears that using this brush gaurd will not allow you to easyly remove the Winch for relocation to the rear without first taking it off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does anyone do that? we have a kit for the RZR and the Teryx that lets you use the winch in a front receiver or rear hitch and talking with people they seem to just leave the winch up front.

We have always thought having the winch be portable was a good idea. Just haven't seen much interest. Does BRP have an accessory for that?

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
does anyone do that? we have a kit for the RZR and the Teryx that lets you use the winch in a front receiver or rear hitch and talking with people they seem to just leave the winch up front.

We have always thought having the winch be portable was a good idea. Just haven't seen much interest. Does BRP have an accessory for that?

I don't know how many SxSs oweners do it however I use the winch on the front and back on my Wooodsbuggy. I suspect i will be doing the same on my Commander.

BRP offers a kit that allows you to do just that. It comes with the Removalble bracket with a carry handle and the additional cables and plugs . There is already a 2'iever on the back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It looks sweet. We just got our 800XT in Silver. How much for one powder coat flat black with the fairlead spacer shipped to Alberta Canada?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts