Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRP ought to be embarrassed by their cup holders on the floor, and it appears they keep doing it so they apparently are not. Before the Can Am loyalist get all twisted with the comment, I would like to say that as a new Can Am owner I have been seriously impressed with many details of my machine and I'm very pleased with my purchase. But, the cup holders are ridiculous. I have found a solution which worked well on my first ride and I want to make it more permanent. Since I am new to this car I am not used to closing the door by the handle so I just grab it along the top rail. So I mounted a simple bicycle bottle cage on the vertical handle. They do not get in my way at all, 6-1 and 195 with seat fully extended back. I have included a couple photos if anyone is interested in doing the same. I have just zip-tied them for testing. I am thinking of screwing them to the handle but does anyone know if there is a steel support inside the handle? If so, I will use a couple worm gear clamps. Just thought I would share the detail.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Automotive tire

Reactions: Michael_

·
Administrator
27,588 Posts
Lol you think the new cup holders are bad the older models had coffee Heater cup holders . They sat right behind and just above the rear Cylinder valve cover directly over top of the exhaust header pipe for the rear Cylinder. Like your idea on the new doors but older doors weren't set up that way .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lol you think the new cup holders are bad the older models had coffee Heater cup holders . They sat right behind and just above the rear Cylinder valve cover directly over top of the exhaust header pipe for the rear Cylinder. Like your idea on the new doors but older doors weren't set up that way .
It's a bad place to put your beer. Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts