Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have this so you can dignose your own utv.how does it work and do you have to pay to use it.my nearest CAN AM shops is about 2 hours away.plus price to have them have work on them.is it better to invest in the BUDS for future repaires and have deal with dealers.

·
Administrator
27,517 Posts
My buds was 1500 up front then 300$ a yr for buds 2 for and 100$ for 10yr subscription for buds 1. When making first purchase the biggest expense is the hardware. There's is two versions dealer and megatech. Dealer is around half price. But of course it doesn't have all the options the mega has. Dealer version say you change out your speedometer the mileage goes to zero hrs stay the same . Mega you can reset to correct mileage. As for trouble shooting you can pull the codes when engine light is on and post here or Google for results. Buds one is basically a code reader. Buds 2 is 100x better but it only works on the chipped round ball socket keys. Which is 17 and newer.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,517 Posts
I take mine on our long trips and use it on 5 or 6 machines here local. I went with aftermarket power steer on the 17x3 dealer version wouldn't turn the factory dps light off. Megatrch I had dps removed from ecm in 5 minutes after loading software on the computer. So worth it to me. Just a hard hit that first go around . Lol

·
Registered
955 Posts
I take mine on our long trips and use it on 5 or 6 machines here local. I went with aftermarket power steer on the 17x3 dealer version wouldn't turn the factory dps light off. Megatrch I had dps removed from ecm in 5 minutes after loading software on the computer. So worth it to me. Just a hard hit that first go around . Lol

Can your programmer turn off 02 sensors and knock sensors preventing CEL?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

On mine it has a previous owner name on it plus i cant get the maintenance message off.which is both kind of annoying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts