Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys its been a while since I've been on the form, but what is everyone replacing broken axles with ?? stock or aftermarket? I have been told the steel in original equipment axles is better or stronger than the steel used in aftermarket products like gorilla? so what has everyone found out ??
Thanks !!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have experianced the same as you. Stockers are darn hard to beat. I have a rear right starting to click on me and Im deffinatly going back stock. Highlifter just got DHT axles in for commander tho. Eventually someone will top the oem can am, They may have already but OldGuy I believe, on here had horrible luck with Rhino axles already.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have broke all 4 stock axles i am running rhino in rear and ADR in front i would not waste my time and money on stock

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Are ADR the very economical axles you see on ebay? If not who sells those SATV?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I went back with Gorilla. They seem to be alot beefier. The cheapest I could find a OEM was $386.00. I got the Gorilla for $415.00. So far I haven't had any more broke axles. Some guys on here have said Turner axles were great too.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have 2 $120 atr axles. I've had good luck out of them. IMO I want my axles to be the weak link. Price a front or rear diff and you'll see what I mean. I have 2 stock axles on the rear and I'm waiting on my $900 rear diff right now.

GO HOGS GO!!!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
axles

Bought the acorn axles for 225. ea out of Houston. They have a lot more angle in the cv than stock, the guy said if I break them he will replace them.
So far it's been good.
We shall see.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, I have ordered the ADR axle we will see how well it holds up. I agree redchin I would rather break an axle than a differential.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just broke a rhino this weekend with 12x10 tires! at the bottom of a fairly treacherous climb. then broke a warn winch. then broke a tie rod bolt while getting winched which in turn broke a front cv. all day ordeal. I would like to know the ultimate axle/ cv combo. I don't want to have to go through that again. I dont care what it costs! I'm about ready to go back to vw rail buggies. and the front diff on a commander sucks! after breaking rear axle I might as well been driving a golf cart.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I replaced my front with sixity brand. So far so good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts