Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to take a look at my brakes and wondering where is the best place to pick up pads should I need these? Is this something I can get from a Napa or Advance auto store or is this some type of specialty pad that will need to be ordered? Found a few videos online of similar units and wondering is it really this easy with ours also?

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I think you will find them machine specific, meaning your local auto parts store probably won’t have them. Better bet would be a power sports dealership or one of the many UTV suppliers on-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,013 Posts
Brakes are easy. Unless you strip out the head of one of the torks bolts. I uses a hard held hammer driver to break them loose . Haven't stripped one yet. As for pads I ran factory I got the most mileage out of them. In the commander the quad and x3. You can check with auto part stores if they have them they will probably be ebc pads.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seeing a lot of listings that have only 6 pads with them, are there only three wheels that have pads on them?

·
Administrator
27,013 Posts
Factory on all three machines. Tried the ebc on commander and x3 they didn't last 1000 miles . Get around 3000 on factory. Quad different story 5 to 800 no matter what I put on it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you will find them machine specific, meaning your local auto parts store probably won’t have them. Better bet would be a power sports dealership or one of the many UTV suppliers on-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
partszilla is the best place for parts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts