Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Block Heater

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jamvan72 
#1 ·
Any of my fellow Canadians ever installed a block heater of any kind on their Commander ???? Is it an option from BRP ? I've looked at the 200w magnetic heaters at Peavey Mart but I'm not sure how well they would do . My son is taking his Commander to Iqaluit and I'm sure it'll need something up there lol

#2 ·
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Since this is your second post on behalf of your son with no traffick I thought I would chime in. In my opinion, an inline heater would work best to keep the coolant warm. A magnetic block heater wouldn’t stick to anything except maybe the frame. Good luck in your sons endeavors. Boogerhead.

#3 ·
thank you sir. I am thinking you are correct on the inline heater as then I don't have the hassle of hoping a magnet would stick to something. I heard people say they stick them to the bolts on the engine but I'm not sure how effective that would be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.