Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my Oil Filter Adapters I make and sell here at MRRPMCycle, 100% CNC machined in house, 6061 T651 Billet aluminum.

A couple different versions to suit different applications & install requirements.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,446 Posts
post pricing also please

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pricing is on my site, but are as follows:

Oil filter adapter 2port-$75.
Oil filter adapter 3port-$95.
Oil filter adapter no ports-$75.
Oil adapter-$75
Oil filter mount-$65

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Here are some pics of my Oil Filter Adapters I make and sell here at MRRPMCycle, 100% CNC machined in house, 6061 T651 Billet aluminum.

A couple different versions to suit different applications & install requirements.
Nice product!

I see the Car Quest filter (WIX?). Beside that brand, will the Baldwin-B1406 work. Any other recommendations for a good spin on filter which will fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
if you buy relo kit , does it have place for oil press sensor?
do you need oil cooler for midwest driving ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you buy relo kit , does it have place for oil press sensor?
do you need oil cooler for midwest driving ?
You can place an oil pressure gauge in any of the lines, or any unused port.

I have no idea about midwest driving, I've never been there.

·
Banned
2,446 Posts
i would install an oil cooler its extra insurance for those above 100 degree days in the summer

·
Registered
124 Posts
Remote oil filter kit

My interpretation is that we are looking for a kit to move the oil filter to a remote location. This kit should include the option of an oil cooler and the addition of additional instrumentation such as oil temperature and or oil pressure. If the oil filter and the oil cooler were under the front bodywork then access would be easier than the filter mounted on the engine as Mr Rpm Cycle's current kit. Hope I am following the thread properly.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My interpretation is that we are looking for a kit to move the oil filter to a remote location. This kit should include the option of an oil cooler and the addition of additional instrumentation such as oil temperature and or oil pressure. If the oil filter and the oil cooler were under the front bodywork then access would be easier than the filter mounted on the engine as Mr Rpm Cycle's current kit. Hope I am following the thread properly.
He will chime in, but I am sure he would furnish you a kit with remote filter only, remote filter with cooler, filter on engine, filter on engine with cooler, cuz he has all the stuff to do any of the above. Can't wait to get mine...!:)

·
Registered
547 Posts
after reading how Willrideanything's engine blew, having oil pressure gauge would be great !!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
You do not need any of these products to hook an oil pressure gauge to your motor. You can use the hole just above the stock oil pressure sensor to hook a gauge up to. The adapters is perfect for reading oil temps. High oil temps causes the pressure to drop. The MrRPM oil cooler kit was tested on my 1004cc motor and dropped the temp 30 degrees. The oil cooling system on the canams are not enough IMO. The bbk ATVs need them and the commanders need bigger ones.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
It looks like this kit he has up will work for the remote filter location and temp/pressure gauge port. I dont know for sure but the mount on the left is for just a filter, the one on the right is for filter in normal location with ports for cooler and temp/pressure gauge. That brings us to the center two. It looks like one part goes in the engine and the other part goes anywhere you want to mount the filter. I am sure you could just add the cooler and temp/pressure gauge in line.
But your right a complete Commander kit would be nice with cooler, hoses, and mounting hardware. But I would guess they might hook you up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Flyingbryan has it correct on what each adapter does. A kit would be a little tougher on these, since everybody will want to mount their filter in different places. The kit that John sells for the ATV's works great on my Commander, but does require the covers be taken off to change filters, but so does the stocker. Also, longer lines will lower pressure some, but not much. I am coming out with a high volume oil pump in a few weeks, to help with pressure drop, and cooling. I'll post pics and cost as soon as they are available.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greg, what kind of Big HP do you expect out of the Commander ??
If you're talking about N/A, I'm sure I can get at least 100RWHP with bolt-ons. My 975 kit for the 800 is almost 90RWHP, and the Commander can be big bore kitted to 1180cc's, so doing the math, it's easily possible.

With an all out turbo set-up, I'm sure over 300RWHP is possible. I'll be trying this setup on my turbo Renegade very soon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
With MRPM'S relocation adapter and this dual remote system from Amsoil we can add over a quart to the system which is over 50% increase eliminating the need for a cooler due to both the increased capacity and the increased surface area of the two filters remotely located...

http://amsoil.syntheticmotoroilstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/file/by-pass-filtration-instructions/BP252_BMK23.pdf

This is my personal favorite setup getting your oil clean down to 2 microns will also extend the engines service life considerably

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With MRPM'S relocation adapter and this dual remote system from Amsoil we can add over a quart to the system which is over 50% increase eliminating the need for a cooler due to both the increased capacity and the increased surface area of the two filters remotely located...

http://amsoil.syntheticmotoroilstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/file/by-pass-filtration-instructions/BP252_BMK23.pdf

This is my personal favorite setup getting your oil clean down to 2 microns will also extend the engines service life considerably

Oil filters are not oil coolers. You'll still need an oil cooler, if you intend to actually cool the oil. Even with more capacity, the larger volume of oil will still get hot, just take longer to get there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Perhaps for you desert runners it might be still needed...here in Canada it rarely gets to even 80 F and with the dual remote system mounted up by the rad im sure it will get enough airflow over the filters to keep the temps under control...not to mention the extra litre of oil should help alot...While they may not be coolers they WILL keep the oil alot cooler than the stock setup even in the desert!! Dont take my word for it put a gauge on it and see for yourself like you usually do. I'll bet you get almost as much of a drop as using the oil cooler...even after a long hard ride. And you have the added bonus of actually having clean oil.

·
Registered
716 Posts
So 75$ for adaptor just to have filter. How much to ship to Canada. Postal is t0e0y0

Thx

Stiff

2012 Camo Commander 1000 XT

-28" Zillas on 14" Diesels
-///AIRDAM Primary
-HMF Swamp Series XL
-Pro Armor Doors
-X Fox Shocks
-HD Tie Rods
-Half Windshield
-Sport Roof / Rear Screen
-SSV OH Stereo