Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
The power commanders will work but will need to be modified and does not change any limiters.

did you know power commander is having alot of problems and if you put one on a harley it voids the warranty for some reason its frieing the computer on harleys
dont know much about Harleys. The Power Commanders have been working great for years on the canam ATVs

·
Registered
547 Posts
thanks for explanations!!

·
Banned
2,446 Posts
what im saying is that maybe muzzy should try a diff. fuel management programmer and there pipe wouldn't loose hp

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another cool feature that I think Greg is going to do to the heads is machine one head for the factory temp sensor and the other head for aftermarket temp gauges. No more cutting into the radiator hose to install a "T" fitting for the temp probe.

These heads will also be able to run on both the ATVs and SxS engines. Block off plates will cover the chain tensioner ports on the heads that the ATVs use.

Also the different rocker arm ratio will change the specs on cams.

The prototype heads greg is running gave him another 20 pounds of boost (est) out of his turbo.

For the cost these heads are a steal. Some of the head porters right now are charging $3K for porting stock heads.

Another big deal is that these heads will be tested and HP gains on in-house modifications documented and posted. MrRPM does not release a product if it does not give big gains.

·
Registered
112 Posts
what im saying is that maybe muzzy should try a diff. fuel management programmer and there pipe wouldn't loose hp
True.. But then maybe the problem is not in the fuel controller. Then again Muzzy saw a "gain" in HP over stock compaired to MrRPMs loss compaired to stock. I know how Greg does his testing and I stand by his tests. He is just trying to find the best pipe to run on his BBKs.

Also Greg does not sell STM clutches. supremetoolinc.com - Welcome to Supreme Tool inc.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I do sell the STM clutches, but only to walk-in's. STM will sellya one directly, just call them. I have to have a clutch that'll hold my motors, when someone comes in wanting a turn key install, I have to put on a clutch to even dyno it, STM does the job, no questions asked!

Yes, the billet heads will accept a aftermarket temp sensor directly, in one head, the other head will accept the stock temp sensor. Also, the stock thermostat will fit too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
nice set-up but some will need a low torque clutch setup for other than sand or dirt roads:IE mudd or crawwlleing over objects....and wheres the e-xtra fuel going to come from? ecm ? or programed in?.....

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Is there a STM Primary clutch for the Commander? I am getting a STM secondary clutch for the Commander from Airdam and Adam's primary clutch. I have to say it is nice to talk to Adam and just tell him what I want for a setup and he can send it out to me to just bolt on.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
nice set-up but some will need a low torque clutch setup for other than sand or dirt roads:IE mudd or crawwlleing over objects....and wheres the e-xtra fuel going to come from? ecm ? or programed in?.....

What do you mean by "low torque clutch"?

The extra fuel will be tuned by your powercommander, or an aftermarket ecm, whichever one you go with.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Is there a STM Primary clutch for the Commander? I am getting a STM secondary clutch for the Commander from Airdam and Adam's primary clutch. I have to say it is nice to talk to Adam and just tell him what I want for a setup and he can send it out to me to just bolt on.

Yes, there ia actually 3 different models to choose from. It's the same as the ones for the Can-Am ATV's, just like the secondary is for the Can Am ATV's.

If you've just got a basic setup in your machine, he can do that, any clutch company can, but if you make changes, you, or someone else, will hafta change the clutch, for max performance. The STM is a racing clutch, and can be made to do whatever you want, where the CV can't.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here is some pics of my billet head I'm working on, they are 6061 T-651 billet aluminum, 100%CNC machined at MRRPM cycle. These are not ported at all, but will be, as soon as the final port design is worked out. These have the valves moved out .200" in each direction, for fitting of larger valves, and higher ratio rockers. I have a set currently running on a 1020cc, 800 based motor, on my turbo Renegade. It makes around 240RWHP.

These fit the Commander motor, and also the 500/650/800 Can Am ATV motors, which are basically the same engine.
Any updates on the heads,1180 bbk, complete with cams, gaskets and all needed ??

Still waiting on my commander ( but its getting close )

I need this stuff sitting on table beside my recliner SO SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT TILL COMMANDER gets here :funnycanam:

·
Registered
641 Posts
NEED INFO PLEASE ( just an update )

:icon_ nono2:OH WELL , still no information i guess

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just got the billet cylinders done, working on gettin them installed, also working on the replacement ecm

·
Registered
641 Posts
billet heads and 1180BBK KIT

Just got the billet cylinders done, working on gettin them installed, also working on the replacement ecm
thanks, keep the updates coming.

·
Registered
641 Posts
not pressureing you, just dieing to hear HP numbers and how it does on heat without larger radiator.

IM SURE im going to need this so i can drive commander to end of driveway to check the mail !!!!!!!!

somebody said this 1180 kit can go all way to 1300 cc. IS THAT TRUE ?? also what will that do to the engine heat ??:funnycanam::icon_ devil::wacko:

THANKS

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've got a 1320cc motor going together now. It's an offset ground Commander crank, 4.125" bore. This bore size is accomplished by using a really big bore, billet cylinder, along with welding up the block & remachining. It'll go out to a 4.200" bore, making it a 1371cc, if we go that far. We're gonna put the billet heads on it, then dyno, stay tuned! It'll be a few weeks, we're having rods made now.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts