Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on my first long distance ride since getting my machine. What are y’all suggestions for the best way to tie down my cooler in the cargo box? I have the small yeti. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here’s a thing Ive our way too much though into!

I couldn’t find short enough ratchet straps and wasn’t happy strapping my cooler down corner to corner with the provided tie down anchors. Small cooler took up most of the bed space that way. I also didn’t want to pay for the overpriced yeti mount kit (my cooler would need 2 kits at $40 each) and I didnt want d-rings because they might rattle and I have enough of that going on as it is lol. I ordered a pack of plastic footman loops for $7 from Amazon and installed them in the removable bed top. 4 lashing straps hold it down nice and tight now, and I can open it without touching the straps, and the entire bed liner can come out if I need quick access to the lower cargo area. Without the cooler in you can barely see them because of the slim profile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here’s a thing Ive our way too much though into!

I couldn’t find short enough ratchet straps and wasn’t happy strapping my cooler down corner to corner with the provided tie down anchors. Small cooler took up most of the bed space that way. I also didn’t want to pay for the overpriced yeti mount kit (my cooler would need 2 kits at $40 each) and I didnt want d-rings because they might rattle and I have enough of that going on as it is lol. I ordered a pack of plastic footman loops for $7 from Amazon and installed them in the removable bed top. 4 lashing straps hold it down nice and tight now, and I can open it without touching the straps, and the entire bed liner can come out if I need quick access to the lower cargo area. Without the cooler in you can barely see them because of the slim profile.
View attachment 65881 View attachment 65882
Oh that’s awesome! I may have to try that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts