Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if I could get everybody’s opinion on tires. I’m looking at BKT, Outlaw 3 and Motohavok. Which one is the all around best? Price, weight, smooth ride, good for trail and mud, etc.

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
That’s a loaded question. Cause no mud tire is good for trails . Same as no trail tire Is good for mud. Lots of tires in between but but none work great for both.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I'm kinda thinking about these. Maxxis Maxxzilla. They come in wide and skinny 28" 14s, so no problem for the stock wheels. I think they're pretty new as I've only just now seen them.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
I like my outback max tires . I have used 9 different types . They are a good all round tire . The only drawback is they are not light . I have over 8000 miles on them and they have only have about 20% wear on them . 80% tread left after that many miles has me very pleased . A lighter tire will give you much better response but not last as long . Up here in northern Canada we pay so much for everything I wanted something that lasts a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Blackwater evolutions I think are good for both. They are unidirectional. Clear out very well in mud. They wont get your through a bounty hole but will do fine for mostly everything else. They are comfortable on trails and won't best you up and are 8 ply so they do really well on sharp objects. But they are extremely heavy and will require clutch mods.

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
The Evos worked good for me till about half tread . Then they had no traction on the trail if it was wet. Half tread only took 800 miles. So wasn’t to good on tread wear for me .

·
Registered
665 Posts
Best all-around is probably the Big Horn tread design that came on it. Not 2.0, but regular Big Horn. The group I ride with have tried this and that, and end up going back with Big Horns. Not the best for the road, not the best on sand, in mud, etc. But we ride all conditions, and the Big Horns do best overall. I'm sure I'll get some flack for this. :) But they work.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
Bold man saying the bighorn are the best all round tire.
Bush riding they won’t work for a day without flat tires .
Guess whatever works for you .
As long as your out riding .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts