Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 can am commander max 800. have about 250 miles on it and the rear brakes are squealing very loudly when i come to a stop. i took them apart and cleaned them and they still squeal. the dealer said that that is the nature of the brakes. is there a brake pad that wont squeal. i was looking online and cant find a part number or brand. the ones i see show one rear brake and two front. thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my 800 MAX. I ended up being persistent with my dealer. The first time, per a service bulletin, they replaced the hubs, rotors and pads. I then purchased Race Driven pads myself and put them on. That worked until they got seated good and then they went right back to squealing. Probably 60 miles or so. I was right back to where I started. The 2nd time I took it to them for the same issue, they put organic pads on. Which from what I now understand are pretty low quality(softer). However, it did take care of the issue. The dealer actually "opened up a case" with Can Am and that's where they got the direction to put on the organic pads. It did solve the issue, might not be the best long term solution but, no harder than I am on the thing, they should still last quite some time.

In the beginning, it was squealing so bad it was embarrassing. A brand new machine should not sound like that.

The MAX has brakes on each corner. It's my understanding the non-MAXes do not.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts