Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have tried to search the forum for belt info but I never seem to have any luck. After I am done with my a-arm bushings, its also time to check the belt and clean the clutch. Which is the best belt and besides blowing out the dust and checking for marks on the clutches, anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,599 Posts
Yup mav belt is the best and keep the clutches dust free

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks, my next project after I finish the a-arm bushings and grease the wheel bearings. Drivers side bushings went in last evening, tonite its the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
On sale now, can't grease wheel bearings without one !
All new bearings are shipped with installation grease only and can take up to TEN (10) pumps to completely lube a bearing.
Ed,

Got a link? Price?

I'm going to need this for my new front axle bearings.

Thanks!

-Kris

·
Super Moderator
23,184 Posts
Lol we ran him off the forum several yrs back . For spewing untruths . I think he lasted 2 days . He can tell a story and make it sound convincing. But we can all read the manufactures brochure. Hopefully things have changed but I doubt it.

·
Super Moderator
23,184 Posts
There’s more to the story. But can’t go into details or I may get removed from the forum . But if he’s helping that’s all we can ask for .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like I will be replacing the belt in the near future, just to be clear the 364 oem belt, since I don't seem to see the 212 belt available ?

and I think the worst job to do is reset the maintenance required flashing across the gauge..not sure who the horses arse was that thought up that process !!

Thanks again for all the advise from all

Steve

·
Registered
117 Posts
Actually I've been doing quite a bit of research on belts for a while now. And at least for high performance machines like the X3 the best belt to get is called the Bad Ass Belt by EVO Powersports. You can get them here https://www.sxsblogparts.com/product-page/maverick-x3-severe-duty-belt

They also make one for turbo Polaris. But in terms of how long a belt will last this one is head and shoulders above the rest. This has been tested and proven.

·
Super Moderator
23,184 Posts
Well the evo belt is packaged by another company with evo’s name on it and that company doesn’t make belts so the question what belt company actually makes that belt and what name does it go by before it’s package twice over to be come the evo. So now for the biggest question how do we get to a x3 belt when trying to figure out the best belt for the commander ?? Cause they aren’t the same belt so you can’t run the x3 belt on the commander or the OG Maverik.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well the evo belt is packaged by another company with evo’s name on it and that company doesn’t make belts so the question what belt company actually makes that belt and what name does it go by before it’s package twice over to be come the evo. So now for the biggest question how do we get to a x3 belt when trying to figure out the best belt for the commander ?? Cause they aren’t the same belt so you can’t run the x3 belt on the commander or the OG Maverik.
Well the actual manufacturer of the Bad Ass Belt is GBoost Technology. EVO Powersports worked with GBoost to develop the Bad Ass Belt but it's not a repackage, it's developed by EVO and manufactured by GBoost and they are only sold by EVO, GBoost doesn't even offer the belts directly. I don't believe that EVO has developed a high performance Commander belt yet but I have to assume it's coming soon. In the meantime you could pick up a Commander belt from GBoost directly though it likely won't be the super high performance belt that they make for the high performance machines yet.
Drive Belts

·
Super Moderator
23,184 Posts
My point is what company makes the belt for gboost. There’s not that many belt manufacturers out there. A lot of belts are made by one company and sold as a mother companies product. They can’t manufacture all the parts they calm too working out of the little house that at located at.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My point is what company makes the belt for gboost. There’s not that many belt manufacturers out there. A lot of belts are made by one company and sold as a mother companies product. They can’t manufacture all the parts they calm too working out of the little house that at located at.
Well that's unclear, either GBoost makes the belts and Trinity Racing carries them as well or vise versa. In all my research it doesn't really say for sure but the two have the same model number for their belts.

·
Super Moderator
23,184 Posts
Well according to the website they already make a belt for the Commander. So being it is the best belt ever I guess some one needs to buy it and try it out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts