Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2013 commander 1000xt yesterday first ride out made it 40km into the trails after brakeing it it motoman style. Noticed my wheel was a little out of whack, must of hit somithin i was going pritty fast. But I got her back home with alot of dickin around and winching. I dout ill get any help from warranty. Going to go talk to the dealer tomorrow.

Dose anyone know of a video to show the steps of this fix. Should i buy oem parts or go aftermarket gotta get back on the trail, now I know the limits i gess:(

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just picked up my 2013 commander 1000xt yesterday first ride out made it 40km into the trails after brakeing it it motoman style. Noticed my wheel was a little out of whack, must of hit somithin i was going pritty fast. But I got her back home with alot of dickin around and winching. I dout ill get any help from warranty. Going to go talk to the dealer tomorrow.

Dose anyone know of a video to show the steps of this fix. Should i buy oem parts or go aftermarket gotta get back on the trail, now I know the limits i gess:(
download the shop manual here http://www.commanderforums.org/forums/commander-general-discussion/3666-free-manual.html then start tearing into it.

Stojan's have 2013's on the floor already? cool

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't buy OEM parts. Aren't they the pieces of junk that broke on you in the first place?

I also bent my tie rod and broke my axle recently. I replaced both tie rods with HD aftermarket tie rods and I couldn't be happy. There are many different manufacturers so pick one and you can't go wrong with picking them over the OEM.

Now for the axle, without a doubt go Gorilla axle. I know they are twice the price of competitors but you won't have any problems with them. I originally bought one of their competitors axles for half the money. Installed easily and I was back up and running quickly. But after the first ten miles my 4wd wasn't working. Got it back to my garage, took the axle off only to find that the end of the axle had sheared off inside my differential. After a week more of downtime and a lot of phone time trying to get my refund, I went with Gorilla axle. 200 miles later still no problem at all.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I broke my axle and both tie rods. I got Gorilla axles from state line parts for $415 apiece. Stock axle will run about $386 apiece. There is a huge difference in the Gorrillas and they are alot stronger. Got my HD tie rods from Turnkey and I really like them but If I had it to do all over I would go with the RackZilla set up. Goodluck and let us know what you decided to go with. Oh...Turner axles are good ones too.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I broke my axle and both tie rods. I got Gorilla axles from state line parts for $415 apiece. Stock axle will run about $386 apiece. There is a huge difference in the Gorrillas and they are alot stronger. Got my HD tie rods from Turnkey and I really like them but If I had it to do all over I would go with the RackZilla set up. Goodluck and let us know what you decided to go with. Oh...Turner axles are good ones too.
I bought my Gorilla axles , rackzilla. tires wheels , power steering and alot more from Matt at ATV outfitters.

They are cheaper on most everything .

Gorillas were 389$ for example !!! FYI

·
Registered
156 Posts
Definitely go to ATV Outfitters then because I bought mine directly from Gorilla and paid something like $450 for it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts