Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the rear seat conversion from a manufacturer? How much did it cost and do you like it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last month I installed a rear seat and roll cage from UTV Mountain Accessories. I really like it. The quality is excellent. The installation is a breeze and it appears to be a "factory" match. I was actually traveling through Utah and stopped by the manufacturer to pick it up. I was very impressed. It seats two children safely and comfortably. It wasn't cheep...about $1750 including bench, belts, roll cage and full-extended soft top...but neither was my Commander XT! UTV Mountain Accessories gets a strong thumbs-up from me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think it would be safe in a roll over? Do you have pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes...in my opinion it is safe in a rollover because the seat is mounted to the actual roll cage. The cage has very good hard mounts to the main cage, and mounts to the strap brackets (frame) of the dump bed. Even if the entire dump bed were compromised in a rollover, the seat and belts would be protected by the cage. Plus the cage still grants access to the slide-out floor and lower bin. Great design. It installs and removes in minutes as well, so servicing below the bed is about as easy as it can get with a rear cage. I'll try to upload some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've got the same commander, magnesium xt 1000. Is the seat well made and comfy?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Last month I installed a rear seat and roll cage from UTV Mountain Accessories. I really like it. The quality is excellent. The installation is a breeze and it appears to be a "factory" match. I was actually traveling through Utah and stopped by the manufacturer to pick it up. I was very impressed. It seats two children safely and comfortably. It wasn't cheep...about $1750 including bench, belts, roll cage and full-extended soft top...but neither was my Commander XT! UTV Mountain Accessories gets a strong thumbs-up from me.

Just few clicks away from ordering this set up..
they are asking me for
quote: What kind of belts you want Lap, 4 point harness or one of each.?????

which set up is better and also would a grown up fit in the back or is it just for kids??

thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The harness would be better in my opinion

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the lap belts only because I'm a "grandpa" who goes exploring with my grandkids. No real high speed stuff. I have, however, taken my commander places my Jeep could never go! The lap belts are easier for the kids to manage. As far as the size of passengers...I'm a big guy so I say that the rear seat is for kids, however, it is not too different in size and legroom from many compact cars on the market today--so that is simply a preference. The other nice thing about how the seat is mounted to a base frame which is integral to the entire roll cage is that it is already drilled for multiple types of harnesses. So it would be easy for me to switch to 4-point some day.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the seat have good cushion?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Utv inc can am commander add on 4 seat roll cage package

I am selling mine if anyone is interested. Installed but never used. Comes with a cooler rack and custom canvas roof. I have an album that has some pics. Let me know if you would like me to e-mail more. FYI, it takes about 15-20 minutes to install or remove. $1300:partsin01:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am selling mine if anyone is interested. Installed but never used. Comes with a cooler rack and custom canvas roof. I have an album that has some pics. Let me know if you would like me to e-mail more. FYI, it takes about 15-20 minutes to install or remove. $1300:partsin01:
Wish you weren't so far away. I need one for the kids! Would that $1300 include shipping by chance?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Utv inc can am commander add on 4 seat roll cage package

I know its been years but arw younstill selling your backseat ? I just bought my commander 2014 model

1 - 14 of 14 Posts