Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 4.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there actually a bed delete option? If there is, do you get a credit or does it cost more money to not have a bed? I am looking to build a full on dune machine and do not want the bed or the added weight. Does anybody know.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
There is no "factory bed delete" option. Curious though, has there ever been with any of the other manufactures?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No rhetoric, simply don't know. Geez.
Sorry Xelvic, I mean't no offence. I guess that there at least two of us that don't know about a bed delete. I asked the question because I viewed a picture on this forum of a Commander with no bed and aftermarket exhaust installed. There were comments about a " Bed Delete Option" I am just trying to confirm this. Maybe they just removed the bed, added a couple of braces and installed the exhaust. The exhaust would not fit if the bed was on the car.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
No problem, It's hard to hear context when typing. Maybe someone will sale a bed delete kit for the Commander. I think they have some for the RZR. The aftermarket seems to be drooling to get their hands on the Commander. I think within a year of it coming out we will have everything we ever wished for and then some.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It would not supprize me if someone came out with a upper bed only option so you could install duel exhaust on the Commander, it looked real simple to do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There has been no mention of a bed delete in any conversations I have had with BRP.
BUT, there was a machine at the media intro with custom fabbed skins brackets.
Was told it will be available for purchase. Holz racing I believe.

Pretty simple really, just rods holding the fender skins in place.

Saved 70lbs I was told.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I doubt that Cam-Am or any other SXS manufacture will come out with a bed delete. Most buyers want to haul or store stuff in there. All the bed deletes that I have seen are done by the owner, or the local FAB shops. I like the looks of the bed delete, and the extra room my self. But to each his own...
:cool:
SS

·
Registered
137 Posts
One of the reasons I started looking at the Commander was for the bed size, I never have enough storage room with the RZR.:( The RZR is fun :)but short on storage room, my RANGER had storage room but not enough fun factor. So I see the Commander as the best of both:D

·
Registered
308 Posts
We need a bed for our 4 legged child, in our rhino we took 1 of the stock seats and attached it to the bed (bed still flips) and he can just lay or sit as he is riding, we also are the ones that take the icechest when we group ride. So to get back to the question yes we need the bed...lol....:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I need the bed to haul my cooler full of redbull, there is a chance I may do a bed delete in a custom build for good reasons, but not a cost savings issue.........

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Ive not seen the commander yet so I am not sure how everything is put together in the back .. BUT is there possibly a way to fab something up like they have for the atv boxes where its like quicker on and off so you have the bed/no bed option for however yer planning to ride that weekend?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Iliked the idea of the larger bed and I like the double upper and lower bed I can put the thing I like to carry like rain gear' chain saw' tow ropes, and thing like that in the bottom and that leaves the upper bed for the cooler, tent, and all of the big gear inthe top bed it is a cool feature, it is also one of the reason that Iam looking at the Commander.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am buying mine to ride the trails and dunes, not to do any work. No need for a bed for me. I guess it is nice to have but I do not need it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts