Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I got my Commander a month ago, it irked me each time I looked at the gap between the dump bed and the body. The passenger side gap was greater than the drivers side gap. I broke out the tools yesterday morning and went to work. There are two through bolts holding the bed onto a slide bracket for fine adjustments. I removed both of the bolts. There are also two tension brackets with 2 bolts each that can be loosened allowing the bed to be moved forward or aft. With a little wiggling and some fine tuning I got my bed gap nice and even on both sides and it clamps down without any slop. I'm no longer irked!!:grin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently got a ‘19 Commander with same issue annoys the heck outta me I took the bolts out for the slide bracket what exactly are the tension brackets your talking about

·
Registered
56 Posts
Determination

Since I got my Commander a month ago, it irked me each time I looked at the gap between the dump bed and the body. The passenger side gap was greater than the drivers side gap. I broke out the tools yesterday morning and went to work. There are two through bolts holding the bed onto a slide bracket for fine adjustments. I removed both of the bolts. There are also two tension brackets with 2 bolts each that can be loosened allowing the bed to be moved forward or aft. With a little wiggling and some fine tuning I got my bed gap nice and even on both sides and it clamps down without any slop. I'm no longer irked!!:grin
Amazing what a little determination and a couple of wrenches can accomplish.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Must be common as my 17 bed is way outta wack. When I installed the flares it became really noticeable. One side lines up great and the other is 3/8 of an inch off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts