Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turning 31s? Need clutch advice

:icon_censored:Alright guys I've read until I just couldn't anymore. I'm wanting to do a full clutch setup but I'm not sure what to order or who to order from. I don't know how to tune them so ready to go out of the box is what I need. I ride mud and trails, soon to have a 6" catvos and planning on 31 outlaws, who would y'all recommend ordering from and what set ups would you want to run? I appreciate any and all input!!!:icon_censored:

·
Registered
243 Posts
For mud and trails your stock secondary is fine and I wouldn't waste the money to gain backshifting, which you will never notice riding mud and trails. All you would notice is the "clunk" would be gone on engagement and you will loose some but not all of your engine braking. Save yourself some $ and just get the primary. I love my QSC Predator primary. You can order thru Kris at Coldblooded performance or maybe even order straight from them. If so ask for Adam. Either way you need to call them and tell them your setup and it will be tuned and ready to install. I also hear that AIRDAM// makes some good heavy duty CVtech clutches that he also tunes to your setup and ready to go out of the box. His name is Adam also. STM makes all kinds of expensive primarys but for your riding style I would go with one of these two. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
I have a cvtech primary and it is good . I run tracks or my outlaws tires and it performs well . If I had a turbo I would get a pricy one but for my power it's fine . 700 bucks DONE

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep seeing kris' name come up and I work near him, I'll see if I can get in touch with him. Thanks for the advice! I was about to drop $1500-2000

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
kris doesnt work at coldblooded anymore from what i read there is another post somewhere with his new contact info

·
Registered
243 Posts
I went thru Kris and I was well pleased but I realized that he is simply the middle-man on clutches. He calls Adam at QSC and places the order for you. Adam has the clutch tuned to your specs and shipped straight to your address but bills Kris for the clutch. Kris then bills you (actually you pay up front to Kris of course) and he makes a little profit from each sale. Kris has helped me out a lot and even worked on my commander before and he does know a lot about clutches and can even tune them himself, but you can call and order your own clutch from QSC and Adam knows how to tune it when u tell him your setup and u may save some $ who knows? Not trying to hurt Kris in anyway. He has done a lot of work on my commander and I highly recommend him, just saying you can probable save some $ unless Kris gets a special cut rate or something.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
The more (middle man ) you can get out of a deal you can normally save some cash . I know this because I have been in business since 1987 . Happy hunting guys

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't realize I could call qsc and have them tune it, I'm all about bringing business to someone who knows what they are doing but I do like to save all the cash I can, y'all know how it goes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks shoe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts