Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRICING

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP):
$12,799 US

1000 xt
$14,299 US (Yellow), $14,299 US (Red), $14,899 US (Camo)

1000 x
$14,699 US

I am not big on the color of black for a Sand & Desert SXS, and this is what I will be useing the Commander for. Looks dirty and dusty all the time. and shows scratchs big time. So I was thinking of maybe getting the base model 1000, and saveing $1900. Then I could add the things that I want like, Lt, bead locks, bed delete, fuel cell, HIDs etc. I know its alot of extra money this way, but I would get a custom build that I wanted and not starting off with $1900. more and the color black. Still same Rotax motor and running gear, just not all the fancy extras. Am I missing something or what, give me your feed back and input . Still have time to make the right decision. I might still get 1000x any how.

:eek:
SS

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would choose the 1000x if I were you because It has everything you would need for desert racing right out of the box who cares about the paint job if it gets dusty wash it and if it gets scratched repaint it or buff the scratch out.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I think you might be fine with the 1000 base if you do not mind the total investment of adding the missing x features if you want them. That said, look at it this way: Add the "retail" value of the X features that will not be on the base and then decide if they hold any value for you ( since some people will not see them as of any value for their needs):
1. Fox shocks $2100.00
2. Front sway bar $480.00
3. Front bumper $220.00
4. Beadlocks (brp including rings)$850.00
5. Rock sliders $260.00
6. Bighorn tires $680.00
7. Steering wheel $150.00
8. Upgraded gauge kit $?????
9. Xt seat and trim package $???

I see over $4000.00 in upgrades at retail prices. Now realistically you could likely buy many of these items for less ( the bighorns and a set of diablo beadlocks I could likely put in your hands for about the cost of just the bead locks from BRP including shipping to most of the US). Some items would certainly be worth something if you took them off brand new and sold them to other commander owners if they are things you were not going to use. You just have to decide if the extras have enough value for you ( either to keep and use or sell off to recoup some or all of the difference). Base model wheels and suspension pieces would have little resale value.
Lastly, if you like all but the color, I think it's likely you could find a non-XT owner who might swap plastics if they like the black/yellow combo better.

·
Vendor
774 Posts
We got the XT because it was the first one we could get our hands on. If we had a choice probably would have gotten the standard. Not a big fan of the stock beadlocks and we'll be doing long travel so the shox on the X are not a great value to us. I think the X is the way to go if you plan to leave it alone and drive it like you stole it :D

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You could buy the X and then buy the plastic parts in the color you want. It would it would be cheeper than buying the std modle and buying shocks and all the other things.Just a thought.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree with Ditchdigger. You get alotta bang for the buck with the X and just to add different plastics would be the most cost effective thing in my mind.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Thanks Everyone for your inputs and ideas. Thats why a forum like this is so good. Everybody is different and has different ideas to make there Commander the best way for them, depending on where they located at and what kind of area they ride in. Sometimes all we have to do is ask a question, then look at the different responds, and we might find something that will change our mine, and our thinking.I like all of you do not want to spend money, then down the road change it out because I decided I wanted to go in a different direction. Example X with Fox Shocks, then go to a LT that will have differnt size shocks any how.
Keep the inputs comeing, I like to hear the new ideas.
:cool:
SS

·
Registered
245 Posts
I bought the base because I will change wheels and tires right off the bat, I will be adding a long travel kit, I will be dipping my own plastics ( I do this), and I will "probably" replace the seats with aftermarket...no sense in wasting the money on the X and trying to sell the stock parts or let them pile up like all my other take off crap has over the years.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am told that for not all that much money you can install the X/XT gauges on the Base...they are wired for them already.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Went for the x.Its the best bang for the buck for me.Im not going to do a LT,The wheels and tires are just fine for me.Im not a mudder.But I do like the rocks so the sliders is a plus.Ill just throw on a winch for 200.00+.My outlander was yellow so the yellow and black looks good to me.....

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Iam going for the XT. My wife does not like yellow so the only option is the red XT,but Iam thinking about up grading to the fox shocks because the do ride better. My dealer said that since they have to install the shocks when they get them he would not charge for the installtion, but Iwould have to pay the full amount for the shocks $2000.00 more for the XT. But I might wiat to get the shocks, one of you guys that is getting the X might want to up grade and then I can buy your old ones.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes I was thinking the same thing. Anyone that buys the X and are going to upgrade the shocks with something else I would be Interested in buying the stock ones that came with it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts