Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

New to the group and recently purchased a 17' 1000XT.

After a 20 mile trip this weekend we are in need of some tunes. I am not looking to spend crazy amounts of money but I would like suggestions to different audio solutions that work well for you folks.

I have considered throwing my Milwaukee job site radio in the back, but that a pain with the rear wind screen. Blue tooth could be considered a must.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the NOAM Audio NUTV-5S installed in mine. Subwoofer mounted on the roll bar between front seats, two speaker pods hung on the rear of the cage behind the rear seats. Amp is mounted under the glovebox and control is sitting on the center.

These things are LOUD. Engine off or just idling, I can't have it over 25%. Full bore -- crank i up and I can hear it over the screaming engine and wind noise. Easy install and great support a year later when I had an issue (screw vibrated loose, they talked me through the fix).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The SSV system comes at a premium from the looks of it. But I do like the “all in one” idea.

I am not against building a system using an in dash HU and a waterproof amp with speakers, however I’m concerned about the reliability and or longevity vs a manufactured system.

I am really not a fan of wires run all over the place or being “seen” if possible. Have you run your cables through the roll cage or external?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
The NOAM unit is a full system purchase. it comes either with 2 or 4 speakers with/without a subwoofer. I did a bit of both for the wiring. When I put the speakers on I was out camping (yes, it really was that easy to install). When I get ready to put a hard roof on I'll re-think about running in the roll cage. For now they're just tied to the cage. I did run the wires up through the center tunnel and tied to the support underneath.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The NOAM unit is a full system purchase. it comes either with 2 or 4 speakers with/without a subwoofer. I did a bit of both for the wiring. When I put the speakers on I was out camping (yes, it really was that easy to install). When I get ready to put a hard roof on I'll re-think about running in the roll cage. For now they're just tied to the cage. I did run the wires up through the center tunnel and tied to the support underneath.
This is a actually affordable for the 4 speaker set. I have a wind screen on the back so idk how they will work with the tower speakers. Could you show a few photos of how the head unit is mounted and where the amp is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!

New to the group and recently purchased a 17' 1000XT.

After a 20 mile trip this weekend we are in need of some tunes. I am not looking to spend crazy amounts of money but I would like suggestions to different audio solutions that work well for you folks.

I have considered throwing my Milwaukee job site radio in the back, but that a pain with the rear wind screen. Blue tooth could be considered a must.

Thanks in advance!
Fusion RA70 mounted next to steering wheel right side.Polk audio speakers mounted in 6” pvc pipe caps installed on roll bar but could be put anywhere to accommodate your wind screen.Ran all wiring overhead.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
263 Posts
I have a ds18 bt controller under the seat that goes directly to the amps. Generates a turn on lead for the amps, and turns off when not in use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure if you have settled on a inexpensive system yet being a year old post. But a single or you can pair the JBL Charge 3's, which are water proof and they fit pretty well behind the headrest and work off Bluetooth. The battery life is really good and you can take them out and put them outside your ride for road soda time tunes. They are about $99 bucks at Amazon and sound great.

Cheers

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well over a year with my system -- I'm still thoughly in love with it. I was in my inlaws General last weekend and they have the stock POlaris unit...that thing sucks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well over a year with my system -- I'm still thoughly in love with it. I was in my inlaws General last weekend and they have the stock POlaris unit...that thing sucks.
Yes they do, like listening to a 78 Toyota Corolla on AM.
With all the options people have now a days for stereos, I'd like ol' Santa to drop a Wetsound system in my xmas sock. I believe MrMayhem has one of their systems with a Sub.
Which one did you go with?
Myself, for now, I am just experimenting with temp addon's, go for a ride and see if they work or not, make some changes before I start drilling holes and fishing wire through the frame, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use this. JBL charge 5 the battery last for several hours

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Simple and sweet. Those little JBL's really put out some clean sound
I use this. JBL charge 5 the battery last for several hours

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Simple and sweet. I have been pretty happy with the sound quality of the JBL Charges. Plus the water and dust proof rating seems to be holding up.

·
Registered
2015 Commander 1000 XT
15 Posts
I have the 4-speaker Noam system (w/o subwoofer) and it works fine. I was recently very impressed with a friend's setup using just a JBL Bluetooth speaker (not sure which model, but one of the better ones) and a cheap BT music player w/FM radio that he found for under $50 on Amazon. The player has 32 GB of internal storage and takes a 128GB card, too. He mounted the speaker overhead so it's very loud and can easily be removed for use outside the rig. The player is small enough to carry in a pocket. Fully charged, both devices give him 6 to 8 hours. If I had it to do over, I'm pretty sure I would go that route.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts