Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to install the 360 lt tracks on my 2014 commander and I am having s helluva time with the rear. The instructions show 1 bushing forward and four rear on the anti rotation bar. This seems impossible as it sets the tracks at an insane angle. Does anyone have any advice? The user manual shows a photo stating "typical installation" that seems (can't exactly say for sure) to show three toward and two rear of the track metal bracket.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
Put up a pic of your rear bracket and let's take a look . My trex had lots of adjustment holes to pic from where it bolts to the track frame

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This way shows the way the instructions say. Problem is the track would have to be angled a lot more to make it meet up with the bushing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417045721.068256.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417045800.954346.jpg
The next photos show the way that seems more plausible and appears to be the way the user manual shows to do it. I still have to tighten the nut.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417045884.913551.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417045919.997706.jpg

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
I would have the bike sitting on the floor , with all the weight on the tracks . I put a 2x4 under the front of the rear track on the floor so the track us trying to climb up and then put your parts in how ever they will fit . The reason for putting the board under is so when your in the snow it will climb up not dig down and make deep ruts . I did that on my first attempt .

·
Registered
12,671 Posts

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
I built my own anti rotation because I didn't like the rubber bushings ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417046486.657633.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are officially on however the tensions appear to be off on the tracks. Getting some jumping from the rear passenger side and just a tiny bit from the front drivers side.
I think I may take it by my dealer (the one I purchased them from) and have them do a double check for me.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417105250.179996.jpg

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
You are going to PAY a stealer to tighten your tracks

WHAT THE HELL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol. No they offered to check it over included in what I paid for the tracks. Since this is my first commander as well as my first side by side I figure I will take it by so they can check over my install of the tracks in general to be sure I haven't made any glaring errors.

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
I just pull up on them and make them feel the same . If you have them to tight they steal to much power and too loose and they can fall off . I have 2" of movement up and down on the rear and a 1 1/2 on the front . I just guess at it and I have been trouble free

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
Did you set them so in the snow they will try to climb up .

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
You will have a blast in the deep stuff ......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts