Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to disable the seat belt and door netting sensors. I remember seeing posts where as someone came up with a OEM styled elec. connection. Any ideas.....Thanks Marc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Marc,
It's easy. Just take the 4 torx screws (#15) out of the female side (big buckle) of the seat belt. Turn the micro-switch upside down and refasten buckle. Thats it.

Please watch your top-not.

Gary

PS Not my idea. Got it off this forum somewhere

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
There is no door net sensors. There is only one seat belt sensor on the drivers side. Cut the wires and splice them together and your good to go.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't understand why you would disable it if your not changing to better belts.
Hopefully he is not. If you are trying to disable the stock seat belt and do not intend to go to harnesses you either have a death wish or you are not using good reasoning or common sense. If what Mark is saying is true, and you do not have harnesses, please disregard what I said. sheesh....:huh:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Some guy was killed at glamis not more than a month ago when him and a buddy went for a short hop in his new XP and things got ugly real quick.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't understand why you would disable it if your not changing to better belts.
We have the work key here and the seat belts really just get in the way when you are driving like 15 seconds down the way on a completely paved black top...

So I put a switch in so that I could disable the seatbelts at work and then switch it back on when I am playing to remind me to put my seat belt on...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hopefully he is not. If you are trying to disable the stock seat belt and do not intend to go to harnesses you either have a death wish or you are not using good reasoning or common sense. If what Mark is saying is true, and you do not have harnesses, please disregard what I said. sheesh....:huh:
Is this disclaimer a liability thing? Should I post a disclaimer as well?

Gary

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the main reason for disabling the sensor is water crossings. I always unbuckle on or thru deep water. But with Commander it limits your speed and power. Can't have that when you need the jam. That's my only reason. Had to pull a buddy out of his Rhino when he went swimming with a Simpson harness on. Just about lost him. So now for my friends and I it's standard operating procedure. Out of the hole buckle back up. I flipped the sensor... thanks to all for their comments. Regards Marc

·
Registered
490 Posts
Holy crap. I have never been in water above about 2/3 of a wheel before and don't plan to. I can see how having your seatbelt when you submarine might be a bad thing, may want to carry a strap on divers knife on your leg. ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
You've got balls driving in water that deep! I would but just don't have the money to rebuild the motor. I'd rather drown my Rancher!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea had to disable that dam seatbelt myself, got water over the hood today a couple of times and needed the extra power to pull out of the other side..

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One time we were skirting the shore of our favorite lake... just going slow.... two Rhinos, my buddy and I and the wives. I drove thru a natural waterway and I also learned my lesson. Good thing the Rhino's had high intakes and I schooled my wife on how to release the Simpson harness. In no time her right shoulder dropped into the water. Lucky my old Rhino had some balls or we would have flipped.... I just pinned it and it climbed out of the chute. Didn't see it at all. She had already released herself and was giving me sh#t. Lucky. Ever since then... over water no belts. PERIOD. My buddy almost drown when we were crossing a atv bridge in the mountains. He went off track and tipped off the ledge and went for a swim. He never went completely over but put his side completely under water.... good thing his roll cage got caught on the bank or he would have been toast. I was across the bridge already and saw what happened in my rear view. I was unstrapped already so I jumped out and pulled him out of the water. Almost had to cut his Simpson... couldn't reach the release... he got it and we got lucky. Here we have to ride on a lot of ice covered lakes and real deep holes to get around and put miles on.... Just have to be careful. I've seen so many people break thru the ice in fall and spring. Scary....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Marc,
It's easy. Just take the 4 torx screws (#15) out of the female side (big buckle) of the seat belt. Turn the micro-switch upside down and refasten buckle. Thats it.

Please watch your top-not.

Gary

PS Not my idea. Got it off this forum somewhere
So I tried this, as well as the bypass connector. Machine still stuck in limiter mode. Any ideas? Need a mew buckle?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Buy the seat belt bypass plug. It’s like $12 on amazon. Plug and play. Takes 30 seconds to install. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did that, it seems that partnofnthebwire touched the exhaust. Melted some of the rubber coating. Didn’t break the wire, but assuming that would cause it to make it fail?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts