Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
439 Posts
I made metal tabs like in a car and mounted one up high on roll cage above seats on center and one on each side just behind the seats through the square cross frame behind seats running left to right. I used the narrowest car seat I could find (walmart, cosco brand or something) and strap it to the tabs as if in a car. Worked great till he was longer. Now I have a 4 seat add on cage he rides in.

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You planning on putting it in the bed??
No, I guess it mounts to the rear or front seats. I was going to mount it between the rear seats.

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have one listed for the 2 seat Commander, I called and they do have them for the Max.

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope it works, we need another seat for long rides for our youngest, I had enough seats with the Viking 6 but driving it was like watching paint dry! Lol!

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Surely it wasn't that slow???
Well I installed 27 inch Rip Saw tires and that sucked the power from the single cylinder. There was no fun factor at all. Trail crushing at 35-40 mph range took all it had with 2 slim adults and 3 kids under the age of 9, with our gear in the back.

· Registered
2,013 Posts
its cool, seat belt with it?

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doing regular maintenance was a breeze though with the exposed engine, it rode great.
The front torque limiter was a pia! In 4x4 it slips and makes a horrible grinding noise. Some guys are welding them or drilling and installing a bolt through them.

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

· Registered
270 Posts

· Registered
2,618 Posts
Looks like a nice set-up. But wow $$!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Registered
270 Posts
UTV Middle bump seats

Anyone have thoughts on this seat for the young kids, the way it installes?
https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161932313805

I keep watching this on eBay. I'm sure it will get reposted as this one times out. Or you could contact seller and just order. It's made for a commander.
That's the seat we ordered , hope it works out ok.
Wish it was a bit cheaper, you can get a 42" bench with 2 harnesses from pitster pro for only $50 more which is my plan. Then I have someone making a rear cage for me.

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161932313805

I keep watching this on eBay. I'm sure it will get reposted as this one times out. Or you could contact seller and just order. It's made for a commander.
That's the seat we ordered , hope it works out ok.
Wish it was a bit cheaper, you can get a 42" bench with 2 harnesses from pitster pro for only $50 more which is my plan. Then I have someone making a rear cage for me.

Nice, yea it's a bit high I guess but it comes with a harness and I don't wanna loose any storage . I ordered a demo 1+1 seat off eBay for my Renagade and that was $330 and listed for $470.

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the seat looks much better than I would have thought.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts