Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a zero (0) alignment in their Commander? Any thoughts? I've believed that toe in will improve tracking and cornering but too much will slow you down at higher speeds and increase tire wear on pavement. Some people were reporting that zero alignment improved their overall ride.

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Toe out quicker cornering . Zero toe best tire wear. Toe in for stability low to high speed . No more than 1/4” in it out. Toe out is awesome for those tight quick turns but once you get above 40 mph in the straight always it tends to road walk and if you try to correct it you will actually make it worse . When toed out I would have to steer it back to center . When at zero it would recenter but was slow to center . Toed in I could let go of the steering wheel and it would return to center on its own and at a faster rate of speed . When I was racing I kept it 1/4” in more control and more predictable. Even at 1/4” in I seen no excessive tire wear over the course of 2500 miles . So my vote is still toe in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Toe out quicker cornering . Zero toe best tire wear. Toe in for stability low to high speed . No more than 1/4” in it out. Toe out is awesome for those tight quick turns but once you get above 40 mph in the straight always it tends to road walk and if you try to correct it you will actually make it worse . When toed out I would have to steer it back to center . When at zero it would recenter but was slow to center . Toed in I could let go of the steering wheel and it would return to center on its own and at a faster rate of speed . When I was racing I kept it 1/4” in more control and more predictable. Even at 1/4” in I seen no excessive tire wear over the course of 2500 miles . So my vote is still toe in .

Good info. I have to recheck mine as I'm getting a pull to the right at higher speeds.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Well unfortunately no way to adjust camber unless you move the mounting points for the Aarms or get adjustable arms.

·
Registered
66 Posts
acefire has the info

acefire always has good information. 1/4" toe-in works for me.

Reactions: Bill_Rowe

·
Registered
296 Posts
My commander handles the best for my driving with 1/4" total toe in (1/8" in on left and right wheel =1/4). It works best for all around handling on my buggy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts