Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I ordered my XT 1000r back in February, (hoping to receive it soon)and I've noticed a few posts referring to the continuing problem with a drive shaft rattle in the 22 Commanders. Has anyone gotten one that doesn't have this issue? Is the rattle across the board or is it an exception to the rule?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I ordered my XT 1000r back in February, (hoping to receive it soon)and I've noticed a few posts referring to the continuing problem with a drive shaft rattle in the 22 Commanders. Has anyone gotten one that doesn't have this issue? Is the rattle across the board or is it an exception to the rule?
I have a 21 XTP. No rattle. My dad has a 21 XTP, no rattle. I have two friends that have 21 XT’s. No rattle. They are all 2 seaters though. I think the majority of rattle issues are on the max model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 21 XTP. No rattle. My dad has a 21 XTP, no rattle. I have two friends that have 21 XT’s. No rattle. They are all 2 seaters though. I think the majority of rattle issues are on the max model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, that's helpful. And that was a question I meant to ask about the two seater versus the four seater. Mine will be a two-seater. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a flow up to Jack's question - if all the driveline rattle/vibration is coming from the 4 seaters, are there 4 seaters that don't have this issue?

I have a Max XTP on order but I am trying to determine the percentage chance of receiving a non rattling unit.

Appreciate your feedback, especially from Max owners.

BTW, has anyone thought about conducting a poll to see how prevalent this issue is among Max owners?

·
Registered
2022 Commander Max XT
8 Posts
My 22 Max XT has rattle around 4500-4700 rpm. Anything below or above it's not there. Contacted Can Am directly and dealership both acted brand new and like that's how it is supposed to be. Will do carrier bearing upgrade one day and see if that helps but for now I try not to to sit in between that rpm range....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks A2Z. From reading these forums, there are plenty of people who have reported the issue to BRP, so they clearly know clearly know of the issue.

Whether they have a solution or are working towards one is another story.

I appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear that Swampy. If you were to rate the annoyance level on a scale from 1 - 10 with 1 being no issue and 10 driving you fricking crazy, how would you rate your experience?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear that Swampy. If you were to rate the annoyance level on a scale from 1 - 10 with 1 being no issue and 10 driving you fricking crazy, how would you rate your experience?
I’d have to go with a three…a tap of the gas and your out of that zone. Already talked to the service department and getting parts ordered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a 22 xmr no rattling yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts