Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any public service guys out there? Does your agency or station have any side X side that are used and if so let's see some pic's

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a vollunteer for 2 local fire dept. and a first responder for norris city ambulance service, im taking emt classes now so i can be a career firefighter. we dont have any sxs as "responce vehicles" but if we ever have a search and rescue i bring my foreman and we have about 4 other atvs and 2 rzrs that come help

·
Registered
172 Posts
We have a Mule that we use at special events, 38 year career firefighter current position as a District Chief set to retire in March 2013.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Full time career firefighter for 7 years now. Been trying for the past two to get us a polaris ranger crew 800 for ice water rescue (with tracks), and to use for wildland fires as well. Just hasnt been in the budget....Still trying to convince the Chief!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow I believe all agency's should utilize the power and versatility of a SxS. No cops in this forum? I'm a LEO and almost every agency in the county has one ill try and get some pictures of it in action. To bad they aren't commanders most are rangers and Honda's electric things

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a Mule that we use at special events, 38 year career firefighter current position as a District Chief set to retire in March 2013.
Congrats. How's Tampa for trail riding I live in Naples but my sister and brother-in-law are in Seminole county... Close by?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Career FF for 38 years. We have a JD Gator. No comparison to Commander. Can't drum up any interest in the department for them to purchase one. Of course with the economy there isn't much money around for extras.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Career FF for 38 years. We have a JD Gator. No comparison to Commander. Can't drum up any interest in the department for them to purchase one. Of course with the economy there isn't much money around for extras.
where in Florida do you work?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats. How's Tampa for trail riding I live in Naples but my sister and brother-in-law are in Seminole county... Close by?
West Florida not very good for riding I do all of my riding in Tenn.or Ky. We go about twice a year. Seminole County is not too close its central florida over by the mouse house.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm with Search & Rescue in Wyoming. I use mine a lot for this purpose. I have a Nichols Rescue Trailer I pull with it. The Trailer is set up to carry a Stretcher/Litter and a couple of EMT's. I've been pleased with the performance of my Commander under these situations. It's been able to take me every where I've needed to go so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts