Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Max and just installed the Rt lift and axle Stenders and here were my observations. First I was pleased but frustrated with Can Am's zealous use of loctite on most of the bolts. I had to use a breaker bar on the axle nut, caliper bolts, and 8 sway bar bolts which took about 20 min longer than it should have taken. I struggled installing the wrap around brackets on the frame for the rear mounts. I was able to get them in place and tap them up with a hammer. The air inlet hose and wires in the front near the cross bracket were all really tight and I'm going to look at adding some extra loom at the points where it touches the brackets. I had to drill out a new hole in the rear for the breather tube as the bracket installs over the old one. It took me about 3 hours total by myself to install the lift and about another 2 hours to install the Stenders. My front axles were fine but in the rear I had to pry the shocks up into place. After the stenders were installed I had about 3/4 of an inch to pull the swing arms up and install the bolts so they worked perfect to stop any binding. I'm running the softest setting in the rear and one position up in the front and I'll report back on how it rides. I have the basic collar preload gas struts on the base model. Overall I'm happy, I have 13" clearance in the front and 12" in the rear with the stock shocks.

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
Hope you out loctite back on the rear torsional bar bolts . They are bad at working loose then breaking .

·
Registered
12 Posts
And the directions say to use the 50mm bolt to mount the new bracket to the stock shock mount. It looks too short. I think the 50mm and the top 60mm shock mount bolt needs to be swapped. Am I right?

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
Is the left rear shock disconnected or you already have the lift bracket on and shock bolted back on ?

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
Both shocks have to be disconnected to test fit. Put factory bolt back in the shock mount through the lift bracket .

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
Ok how far off looking through the hole with bolt out ? But yes looks like you will need the stenders or a set of mav xxc rear axles . But before you order the stenders put other bracket on other side and test fit it. It could be the sway bar is tweaked .

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
Depends on your finances. Decent axles 200$ ea . For oem mav xxc. Anything cheaper is a waste of money .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts