Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Annnn she won't start. :-(

20K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  nandino58 
#1 ·
When I go to start my machine I'm getting a PPS Fault / press override to limp home. And it won't start, it won't even turn over ?? Has anyone had this one before??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I won't be able to make it to round up, the Navy has me going to Columbus on Easter Sunday for 2 weeks :-(

Reactions: bstromback2002
#4 ·
Could there possibly be a plug that got full of water from when it went swimming the other week? I don't know what that pps means but obviously ace does. Just a thought

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
That sounds important.

#9 ·
Unless booger is behind the wheel and your navigating!

Reactions: acefire
#8 ·
I'd try cleaning the plug for throttle. Clean, dry, put in a good amount of dielectric grease then plug up and cross fingers! Make sure clean and dry! Us deep water mud guys believe in dielectric grease! Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: acefire
#10 ·
I think it needs first aid as I believe you drown it so now it's dead .
Maybe if we can find boog's he can give it mouth to mouth . Or mouth to tailpipe

#12 ·
I've changed that sensor once. I will charge it and clean the connection An report back

#14 ·
:(

#15 ·
Hopefully​ you will be able to make it the next time me and the wife make it down that way.

#16 ·
The government always steals on big ride weekends

#17 ·
It's all good!!

#18 ·
It's alive. It's alive. After unplugging the sensor for awhile it woks again!!!! But if it does anything like last time I know it will be short lived so I better get a new pedal assembly

Reactions: Troy and nacguy
#20 ·
It does make it bog down. But it also throws a code

#22 ·
What did your machine do the last time your throttle pedal went bad? I had my machine die for a split second a handful of times today.

#23 ·
The first time it happened it would start but run rough and was in limp mode. I had to hold the override button to get it home. The second time it would do anything, I turn the key and hit the button and would get a PPS fault.

#24 ·
Ok good to know. I put on 175 miles this weekend and it never did it once so I have no idea now what to think. I guess run it till it won't go.

#26 ·
Mine was pretty much wide open any time it did it I think. But that was a few weeks ago now so I dont remember.

#27 ·
Of all the things Ive had in life I miss my memory the most!:grin

#28 ·
Hey rocks
I said that little saying before but I forgot about it .
Lost it with my memory

Reactions: JTROCKS
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.