Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
My loop has already bent. I can thank the drunk teenager I pulled out of the mud @ the swamp last weekend. I think he looped the line around the frame of his quad and back onto the rope.
Can you send me a pic?
Info @ customsplice .com
No spaces
I'll send you a pic tomorrow. You should be able to see where I tried to straighten it. I had to use my bench vise, that is how bad it was. It looked like one of those yellow ribbon stickers (military) you see on cars.

Hunting712, you got that right. I'll think twice about helping someone next time. When I pulled them free, they kept backing up and got my rope wrapped up in their back wheel. What can you do, they were just stupid kids.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My synthetic line survived Brimstone, and that's good because I was the only one that ever got stuck due to low clearance. The rubber stopper, however, has seen better days. You should really put a washer on the loop and hook side of the stopper to prevent it from being pulled through the loop. Mine has pulled all the way down to the hook. When the switch is in the cab, and you can't see when the hook gets to the fairlead, it's hard to know exactly when to stop.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Mine did the same. Something about Swamps and drunk people, they never worry about screwing your chit up, just so they get out...lol!?

If it can't play, it can't stay!
Send me a pic of what happened.
Ok I'll do that. And I'll probably buy an aluminum fair lead and rubber bumper while i'm at it. I was being cheap at the time lol! Live and learn.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Its saying server error. I'll try something else, if not I'll just shoot it to you in a P.M.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts