Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys mounted an amp on your commander for your stereo set up? If so where do you think the best spot would be to keep it protected.

If you have pic's that's even better!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I have seen them mounted behid the seats but would think in the glove box would be better depending on size.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I put mine on the roof but the glove box would be a pretty dry place

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ive got mine on top of the glove box. Its easy to get to(only 2 bolts). I believe that is where the radio is mounted on the limited's. Im using a rockford fosgate Punch 300x4. The amp is small enough that I have the radio mounted on top also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I mounted my Rockford amplifier on top of the glovebox. I believe the part number is a PBR300x4. It fits perfect and has plenty of power to run my speakers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I mounted mine on top of the glove box..........Ran wires to pwr switch and jacked in cheap MP3 player that I used velcro to the dash. BIG speaker hanging from roll bar right behind seat

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I think on top of the glove box would be a good choice! Where are you guys buying the speakers that mount to the roll bar?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I think on top of the glove box would be a good choice! Where are you guys buying the speakers that mount to the roll bar?
I got a couple of 6x9's with brackets outdoor speakers I found on craigslist and then used some roll bar mount clamps to bolt them too from rocky Mtn ATV. Think I spent more on the clamps (4) than I did on everything else total

·
Registered
404 Posts
Above the glove box. I can see mine, but you would have to take the box out to get at it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Had mine in glove box, just watch the water, if you go deep. Had to buy a new one & mount it to the roof.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah my version of "going deep" is about to the top of the tire. I live in the desert so dust would be my worst enemy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me. Buy the time I noticed, it Fried. Relocated that bad boy to the roof.

If it can't play, it can't stay!
Had mine in glove box, just watch the water, if you go deep. Had to buy a new one & mount it to the roof.

I just installed mine to the roof 2012 can am commander 1000xt with sport roof. Debating on where to ground - can or did you ground to the roll cage or run the wire back to the chasis?

thanks
Lance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts