Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well .......here it is ...........i am thinking of purchasing this trailer but the only concern i have is the weight which is between 650 & 700 pounds , considering it has wood flooring , and should i be looking at a trailer with aluminum flooring instead - with less weight , and just curious what is the weight of your Aluminum trailer if you own one , and how do you like it ? Van Kam Truck and Trailer:: ::

·
Registered
646 Posts
I use a featherlight 6'X10' all aluminum and it is very light. Will check on the weight for you Tom. If I was you and could afford the extra for an aluminum floor I would definately go that route.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redbanks ,do you have Aluminum flooring on your Featherlite ,and yes i can afford the X-tra ammount for the flooring , and to tell you the truth the lighter the trailer the better , hopefully loosing the wood and weight to boot .

·
Registered
152 Posts
My Aluma Lite 6"'x10' weighs about 385 lbs, without the spare. I have not hauled my Commander on it yet, but have hauled a RZR x country on it. The welds holding the fenders are weak.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Redbanks ,do you have Aluminum flooring on your Featherlite ,and yes i can afford the X-tra ammount for the flooring , and to tell you the truth the lighter the trailer the better , hopefully loosing the wood and weight to boot .
Yes it has an aluminum floor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went a little bigger than required with a 6 1/2 x 12 in case my next machine needs more room. I went with the wood floors as the aluminum floors are deadly slippery when you get a bit of snow on them. Mine is 700 pounds, it hauls the commander very nicely, only noticed it when stopping, electric brakes might be nice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just curious man what are you towing with? To be worried about that little bit of weight?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I run an aluma 6'6 x10. Weighs in at 470 lbs. I have owned a handfull of alumas and in my eyes there isnt anything else that comes close, both open and enclosed

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Triton trailer, ATV 128 I think it's called. Rear tail and rails down the side for infinite mounting with sliding hooks. Dual axle, electric brakes on one axle. Plywood marine decking but am replacing with aluminium checkered. Weight is 675 empty an rated at 4400 lbs with electric brake. Independent suspension, tongue jack and spare tire carrier and front deflection panel to block road debris. Hauls easy and the electric brake is great.

·
Registered
511 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1389874521786.jpg

This is how we haul our toys. It's a full aluminum trailer with independent suspension, hydraulic brake on both axes and winch and spare wheel included. We can carry 3 ATVs (not max) or one UTV and one ATV.
With the heavy duty shocks installed we roll 80 mph without any problems...

Grtzzz

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bluepro , i failed to mention that a friend of mine down the street re-did his trailer deck a while back ( 6x10 ) and mentioned that the treated wood that was used weighed in around Fifty pounds a board which is another concern for the weight .

·
Registered
497 Posts
I use a small landscaping trailer for my machine.

6x12 land scaping trailers are all over the place.... The local tractor supply has them same with most Home depots and Lowes in my area. The local trailer sales places have them also. Prices run $1200 to $1500 bucks depending on the manufacturer of the trailer for a 6x12. They are easy to tow and with 3500 lb single axle are more than able to carry my commander. I like the wood floor because if you damage it you can just run to the local Home Depot or Lowes and get a replacement pressure treated 2x6 or 2x8 depending on the decking boards. You can even get it on a 6x10 if needed and save a $150.00 on the trailer at most places. I like the 6x12 if I am bring any extra gear it can be packed around the machine on the trailer.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts