Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used Alpine Flex plow so I don't have mounting instructions and the mount has 2 removable alignment tabs on the rear of the mount that hit frame and keep it from fitting on. Since frame changed slightly on the 2015+ Commanders do I just remove them tabs. Everything I see says that mount (#715001957) fits all years. Can Am's website seem to have installation instructions for everything but that mounting bracket.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't find instructions anywhere. Did you find them? Where?
If you’re looking for instructions on attaching the mount on Commander PM me your email and I’ll send it to you.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Reactions: Fisherguy

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2016 came with an Alpine Flex, I read somewhere the fairlead for the winch should have a larger bottom roller, is that right and is it an issue if you use a snatch block to the plow then run the cable up to your bumper?

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
My 2016 came with an Alpine Flex, I read somewhere the fairlead for the winch should have a larger bottom roller, is that right and is it an issue if you use a snatch block to the plow then run the cable up to your bumper?

This is the fairlead for the plow. I’ve since gone to a hawse style with synthetic rope. I strongly recommend a plow strap for plowing instead of your normal cable/rope. I’ve seen guys that just use the long end of a cheap ratchet strap for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts

This is the fairlead for the plow. I’ve since gone to a hawse style with synthetic rope. I strongly recommend a plow strap for plowing instead of your normal cable/rope. I’ve seen guys that just use the long end of a cheap ratchet strap for this.

Curios why you went with that kinda fairlead, less hassle than the ones with the rollers?
You'resaying don't bother with the snatch block etc, just add a strap to the end of my winch cable? (Mine is synthetic rope BTW)
Thx

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
I was always taught to not use synthetic rope with rollers. The point of a plow strap is to save your expensive rope. When you are lifting or dropping the plow it’s a small range of motion constantly wearing the rope in one section. You need to remove your good rope then install the plow strap. Hope this helps. Boog.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was looking into winch straps, the ones on Amazon get bad reviews, specially the Warm straps.
What kind do you use?

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Are you talking about the “plow strap” specifically?

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
This is a picture of the abrasion sleeve on my synthetic rope from Custom Splice after plowing my yard one time. Nothing against them, the sleeve is designed to keep an expensive rope from U.V. light when spooled in. I had just got home from hunting and didn’t switch to a plow strap. When I first got my plow I only had the steel rope and have learned the difference, use whatever rope/cable you want for riding but you will be ahead of the game when it comes to plowing.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
I guess my point is that do not use expensive rope on your driveway. When plowing you are going to wear that section out in a hurry, you won’t want to rely on that same cable to pull you out in a jam miles from nowhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK thanks.
I just got mine and am going a buncha work on it, by the time I'm done I'm thinkin I won't be plowing till next winter.
Winch has some kinda rope on it, looks like 3/8"poly or something..?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts