Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had issues with losing alignment (mainly toe) after hauling on a trailer with through tire straps? Iv done 2 separate front end alignments on my 1000xt now that have both lost the toe shortly after Iv hauled them. The last on I did, I literally did the alignment and test drove it. It drove great steering wheel centered and everything. Loaded it up and Iv been doing ratchet straps through both front tires and and another through the rear 2. After about a 40 mins drive I unloaded her and when I drove it steering wheel was cocked to the left and the right front tire was toed out about 3/4 of inch. Yes I tighten everything back down when I was done with the alignment and No we were mostly on highway during the drive so no big bumps really.

if it wouldn’t be the straps doing it what would cause it to loose toe like that?

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Could be any of the front water items . If anything is bad arm bushings or ball joints the alignment will change shortly after driving it. I assume you are doing the alignment with tires on the ground and all the weight on tires? The alignment changes as the suspension travels up and down . It’s basically only correct at the time you do the alignment. It won’t change much but it will change just from the driver or passenger getting in the machine .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts