21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Adam-Gizmo?????????????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sup all, dunno about y'all but I tracked Adam for a while ( stalked, tracked...whatever). I almost gave up on the idea of using his skills, services....Weeks went by and nada. I decided that id try one last time to talk, email, pm this guy and his elusive clutch work, and wholly sheep testicles.....some one answers the call, and hellz it was the right number after all...I was happy as a two peckerd puppy, not only was he real but, very very human. We talked about the set up I wanted, and agreed on a time frame, and price. All was delivered AS AGREED. The hype and chatter about the clutch work, in my opinion is... Spot on...The set up acts and performs exactly as advertised, torquey, responsive and smooth shifting. I can feel the machine I wanted, when I bought the X. A huge attaboy for the effort and product that they provide...ltrz all

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
well i do know i am pi$$ed at this adam guy and he is worthless. he never answers his phone and i have broke my clutch 2 times now. i think his product is junk and i wish he would come on here so i could give him a piece of my mind.i have had many conversations with cvtech and they are not happy with him either.
What broke?

·
Registered
122 Posts
well i do know i am pi$$ed at this adam guy and he is worthless. he never answers his phone and i have broke my clutch 2 times now. i think his product is junk and i wish he would come on here so i could give him a piece of my mind.i have had many conversations with cvtech and they are not happy with him either.
You're the first person I've heard of that has had one mess up.

·
Registered
547 Posts
best is to watch his stats and call or email when online . i am glad not to be involved in this anymore in this. he did live up to his word on returning my money though.very personable on phone- elusive as a snipe though.
///AIRDAM

Official Site Vendor

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: Today 02:26 PM

·
Registered
312 Posts
troy i see what you are doing, creating new names and jumping from forum to forum bashing my name.

to inform everyone, troy does NOT have a commander, nor does he have the same setup any of you are running so do not be alarmed. he is running a test setup, on a yamaha rhino. he was going to do some testing and we were going to try and build a great setup, using the CVtech, on the rhino. after i built troy two setups, i then found out he was trying to go behind my back and contact parts suppliers of mine, trying to con them into mailing him detailed drawings on how i build my parts. he has also contacted CVtech asking about details about the clutches i use and such. it appears he is wanting this information to steal my ideas and sell the setups out from under me, so he has lost all customer support from me. we talked for two months about building these setups for him, and i finally did build him the setups and he has installed them and is running them. yes he blew a belt, yes he has broken the sliders, on something completely different from a commander. so again do not be alarmed your commander setups are literally bullet proof.

to you troy, i am here at the shop, watching your 50+ calls a day come thru. you will not receive 1% of customer service from me. i shipped you replacement parts free of charge and then found out you were going behind my back wanting to copy my designs. no thank you that is a no-no in business and i will NOT help you anymore. if you wish to take this further that is fine you can escalate the matter as far as you wish. i will not support you, or give you any more detailed information about anything i do, as i have told you nearly everything from start to finish about your setups already. whether you were wanting to reproduce my work and sell it out from under me, or whatever you were planning, i see it as a threat to my business so supporting you further gets me nothing. you have contacted CVtech, you have contacted others. nobody at CVtech is mad at me. believe me i talk to them every day and i have been asked about your situation. they have been informed and were told to not give you or disclose to you any more information due to your sneaky going behind my back nature. after talking to you for two months i had assumed we had a good relationship going. i see you are not out to promote the two of us as you had once said. you are about promoting yourself and trying to copy my ideas apparently. thank you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You're the first person I've heard of that has had one mess up.
lol well then i guess that means if you have not heard about it then it never happened.im not the only one and more will be here to talk to adam. we have heard this is one place he hangs out. the first time it got so hot my belt exploded the second time the sliders broke
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I was just saying "it was the first I'd heard about it." No need to get defensive, I'm on your side, I hope you get it all straightened out. I'm glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon and order one now, because I almost did.

Good luck,
Kane S.

·
Registered
27 Posts
troy i see what you are doing, creating new names and jumping from forum to forum bashing my name.

to inform everyone, troy does NOT have a commander, nor does he have the same setup any of you are running so do not be alarmed. he is running a test setup, on a yamaha rhino. he was going to do some testing and we were going to try and build a great setup, using the CVtech, on the rhino. after i built troy two setups, i then found out he was trying to go behind my back and contact parts suppliers of mine, trying to con them into mailing him detailed drawings on how i build my parts. he has also contacted CVtech asking about details about the clutches i use and such. it appears he is wanting this information to steal my ideas and sell the setups out from under me, so he has lost all customer support from me. we talked for two months about building these setups for him, and i finally did build him the setups and he has installed them and is running them. yes he blew a belt, yes he has broken the sliders, on something completely different from a commander. so again do not be alarmed your commander setups are literally bullet proof.

to you troy, i am here at the shop, watching your 50+ calls a day come thru. you will not receive 1% of customer service from me. i shipped you replacement parts free of charge and then found out you were going behind my back wanting to copy my designs. no thank you that is a no-no in business and i will NOT help you anymore. if you wish to take this further that is fine you can escalate the matter as far as you wish. i will not support you, or give you any more detailed information about anything i do, as i have told you nearly everything from start to finish about your setups already. whether you were wanting to reproduce my work and sell it out from under me, or whatever you were planning, i see it as a threat to my business so supporting you further gets me nothing. you have contacted CVtech, you have contacted others. nobody at CVtech is mad at me. believe me i talk to them every day and i have been asked about your situation. they have been informed and were told to not give you or disclose to you any more information due to your sneaky going behind my back nature. after talking to you for two months i had assumed we had a good relationship going. i see you are not out to promote the two of us as you had once said. you are about promoting yourself and trying to copy my ideas apparently. thank you.
I hate to get in the middle of this... but lets ALL get the correct story.. Troy had contacted Adam about doing several wet delete Rhino systems several months ago, including one of my rhinos. Troy was turned onto Adam after I bought my Airdam clutch setup for my Rhintax. Troy paid for two complete clutches after he was told they have been used on several other rhinos without issues.. great.. After running his rhinos at the dunes for approx one hour the clutch started making noise. It was determined that the sliders all broke causing metal on metal within the clutch. Adam was called multiple times about the issue throughout the weekend.. In the end all the sliders broke AND he ate up two belts. Adam still wasn't returning any calls so Troy was trying to find a solution ON HIS OWN since Adam wasn't helping. He contacted CVTech and called all the machine shops in his home town trying to get either 1. Adam to call him back OR 2. get the parts he needed so both of his Rhinos would run again. When Adam finally returned his call he said he would send him "parts" but the ultimate fix wasn't available (heavy clutch plate). Again Troy wasn't able to get in contact with Adam to CONFIRM what parts had been shipped.

Our dune season is late March through May, every other weekend.. IF Troy couldn't get ahold of Adam and would wait weeks on end (which has happened before) then most of our short season would be missed. This is our family vacations so he wasn't about to just wait.

All Adam would have to do is answer his phone with Troy calls but instead he has jumped to a false conclusion, that Troy is building his own clutches.. NOT TRUE.. As for the R/D part of this, Troy paid for all of this and has now sacrificed TWO full weekends of duning trying to get the Airdam system to work and now Adam won't even return his calls and HELP. What is Troy suppost to do? At this point his only option is to send the clutches back for a refund and go greaseless..

I hope that Adam will talk with Troy to resolve this issue instead of having it all posted on the net.. As of now I am doubting my clutch system and can't recommend Airdam soley on customer service. It is true that Adam sent out some parts but Troy still had to purchase another $200 "part" from... and that also failed! I can't believe that at 20 hp rhino will break these clutches but yet we are "guaranteed" that they will hold up on a 125 hp Rotax? I understand that it is single cylinder vs dual, but come on.

Adam, please talk this with Troy.. He only wants HIS two rhinos up and running.. If you want R/D info, he has alot!

·
Registered
490 Posts
lmao censorship at its best i am glad everything i have heard about this place is true.i take it you did not like airdam adams new mission statement

Censorship... please.

This is a private forum owned by Brian B and it is his house and you follow the rules if you want to stay.

So far my Airdam Clutch machined primary is working well, but I bought a 2011 RZR so I did not have to worry about it. I will be going with STM once I can, IF I keep the Commander and I decide to take it off the property. If I just ride the RZR, I will leave it with the Airdam setup. I still have a hard time shifting between N-R-H-L when I am stopped, but if I stop a wait about 30 seconds it shifts easy. Not sure why but I have dumped enough cash in this Commander to where I am tired of the bleed and going to stop and just ride the RZR and have fun, while the Commander sits in the garage and looks great. Too much BS with eh Commander and not enough ride. Hopefully the RZR will work, or it is going to morph into another Teryx which I have had two of and they both ROCKED.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts