Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys jus got my first side by side and noticed the front tie rod ends are junk. Machine is a 2012 commander 1000 Ltd. I ordered factory ones only to find that they were way too small for the tie rods that are on the machine. Previous owner must have upgraded the rack and or the rods. Here is a pic of the bad ones I am trying to replace. I'm not sure what company they came from as I didn't see any part numbers or labels on the rack or rods. The rods are a 5/8 fine thread and the inside of the tie rod is just over 14mm. Any help on where I could get replacements is greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. I got the bolt size that goes thru at a local hardware store. Think it was a 12 by 1.25 as seen in pic
20191130_122333.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,050 Posts
Well 12mm is the right bolt size . But a 14 mm joint isn’t going to fly. They look like joints high lifter uses. But no clue how you ended up with the wring joints .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha no sorry I took the tie rod end and bolt that goes thru it to lowes to see what size thread and bolt size the tie rod end needed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well couldn't find replacement ends that I needed so I have a super atv tie rod kit on order.

·
Super Moderator
23,050 Posts
Good luck you are replacing junk with junk. There’s only two kits out there that don’t fall apart and that’s utv inc rods and turnkey . Tie rods are like axles you get what you pay for .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats a rackzilla kit, Ive got the same on my machine, you can buy ends that fit from most can am dealers. Pic of old and new

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's crazy. I took my tie rod end off and took it right to my local dealer but the parts guy had no idea where to get one or where it came from. I will call them 2moro and see what the can dig up on rackzilla ends. Thanks m4sonc4n!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know my rack is a rackzilla and thats whats on it, I was just on the same goose chase as killshot. They might have changed the look of the end a time or two, the new ones I got from them dont look the same, in fact I wanted to warn him he will need the new bolt kit for the spacers you can get all the parts from utv canada, ill throw in the part numbers later on once I find em

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well got the super atv hd tie rod kit today. Installed on the rackzilla rack without issues. Kit came with 2 sizes of bolts and I was able to use the larger ones as they fit the knuckle fine. Set the toe in by eye. Much tighter steering now. I made a video of it and I'll post it on my YouTube channel @ McGo101 2moro. Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts