Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is still in the shop waiting on a new door so I don’t have anything to look at. I ordered a horn switch and was wondering if anyone Had a schematic for the 5 pins on the back of the switch. One should be power with the lights go on,one power coming in, one power going to horn ,than a ground. I just want to have everything I need to do this next weekend. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m not sure what’s behind where the switches go yet. I’m putting in my gps that I had with my older wheeler. Is the cigarette plug hot or is it on with the key. When you put the gps/ radio trim on do you have to swap the lower panel where the switches go as well as it came with one. I’m not sure if it’s different yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Cigarette is key on hot. There are a couple of plugs back there for key on hot power. I use the weatherpack plug as a relay trigger and back lighting source for my accessories, but I pull hot off of the battery to power my accessories, don’t overpower the built in acc circuits that way. I made some weather pack spltters too (not necessary but neat), pic below.

I’ve not added a gps but I did add a receiver to the same housing you bought. I ran a dedicated line from the battery for it.

And yes, you have to put the switches in the bottom part of the stereo/gps panel you bought. The panel piece it came with is just one piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I’ll be adding is a gps which I could tap into the cigarette plug and a horn which is just a small alarm siren to alert my kids with a quick tap of the switch.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Ah, well the weatherp plug, the cig accessory plug or I think there’s a white plug back there too, all of which are key on for power.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe next year a stereo but I’ve spent enough for now on this thing. Ill have to fly you down when I’m ready.?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Those look right. I got mine on eBay too. The name of the seller I used is on the package in the picture I posted above. Of course they’re not necessary, you could use a t-tap connector, splice, etc., but weather pack connectors are more OEMish...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts