Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few times now while out at night I wished I had a cab light. I had an adhesive-backed white LED battery light stuck to the roof at first, but that didn't stay intact very long. Plus I wanted to hard wire something since of course battery power devices only work until you need them. Also wanted something that wasn't bright white as flashing that on in the dark was blinding when you're just trying to find the key or whatever. Over the winter I redid the dash with an auxiliary fuse/relay panel and all new switches so I added in a circuit for dome lights, and finally got to putting the actual lights in. Picked up a pair of "rock lights" off Amazon for $15; red LED 12v sealed units. I planned to just use one at the center rear, but then didn't have an extra cage clamp to mount it, and noticed the two front corners had nice flat areas with a slot already there...so two in the front it became.

Took a chance on these lights on Amazon as they were a new product with no reviews and plenty of entertaining broken english, but otherwise met the requirements and were cheap. Turns out they are really solid, the back is resin/epoxy filled to waterproof, and super bright. I used the two slots in the front part of the roll cage and with the thick silicone (?) pads they come with, was able to position the lights at the right angle and route the wire and mounting bolt through together. I used just one bolt in each light (they come with nyloc nuts and they aren't moving), and with the squish of the gasket it angled them inwards which was perfect. In the end, two might actually be too bright, but the red color definitely offsets the brightness so we'll roll with it for now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
These are great- appreciate you posting this. Some dome lighting is on the top of the list for my ride.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Homer, Kolpin full fixed #2705

Took a chance on it as I needed one for a trip and it was the only one I can get on short notice (without spending 500$, which after breaking previous ones I won't do), came off Amazon. Been super happy with it, it's held up awesome through lots of trail riding. I had a more expensive poly one on my rhino, and honestly this one has held up better. With the emp roof and Amazon light bar brackets, it all works together perfect. Added an ebay wiper recently after flowing a buddy down 20 miles of dusty forest road, then being caught in rain next trip, and windshield doesn't seem to care at all.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: homer32
1 - 5 of 5 Posts