Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, I don't know. Usually I can get a hold of him by sending him text messages. I haven't heard anything from him. Been waiting almost a month for the new spring and weights. It would be just my luck.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i broke the sliders in my clutch and cvtech sent me some more but i am tired of no customer service from this jake leg
Are you talking about the sliders that hold the weights, or the sliders that are slipped in the outside of the cover plate? Any idea how they broke? I ask because this is the first I've heard of one breaking from normal use. I know OC broke a slider, but he said that's because he was didn't have the hex's lined up when he took it apart and then reassembled it. Also, can you give me your contact at CvTech? If I can't get a hold of Adam maybe they can help me out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
BnS, I been hearing good things about the STM. I don't like one of the other clutches because you have to put a spacer behind the CVT cover, increasing the chances of contamination.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Only what I have read on clutches. I have been researching since January, four months before my Commander arrived. Been reading posts and trying to sort through all the bs and trying to get facts. Saw some photos of different clutches and the stm caught my eye immediately. It looks like a Porsche compared to other's Yugo. This does not mean that it is a better clutch, but it does look better. I may not do quality work, but I can recognize it. I am going to wait and see how stock clutch works, but stm is the first to be called if a change is made. If I understand right, it can be adjusted to just about any way you want it. I will tell you that I am a novice at this. I don't have the time nor knowledge to adjust the clutches. Have heard that you tell them how you ride and conditions they will set the clutch for you. More research will be done before a decision is made by me. Until then will stay stock.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I will tell you that I am a novice at this. I don't have the time nor knowledge to adjust the clutches.
X2! Tuning a clutch has to at the top of my list of things I do not want to do. Talk about a bore. This is why I chose AirDam. I told Adam about my car over the phone. He built the clutch for my application, and I'll be damned that clutch worked perfectly out of the box. No need for further tuning......

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I knew it was to happend never been impress with the way airdam run is business and customer service seem to be very poor. Any business should have a phone and return there message we heard so many time no one can be reach by so many peolple for me there is no more excuse....buyer beware

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know he is busy (who isn't these days) but a little more communication would go a long ways. I don't want to see anyones product get flamed due soley to bad communications.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will admit, Adam is a hard guy to track down. I was able to text him, which he usually responds to me. When I had my issue he said he would send me out a new spring and weight. Then a couple of weeks went by and I checked back in with him. He went on a trip to glamis and was gone for a week. He said he sent a bunch out and would make sure mine went out with them. He said if it didn't he would get them to me asap. Well, that was awhile ago and still I have nothing. I have sent him multiple text and even PM'ed him. I even created this thread to tell him I PM'ed him. I've seen that he has visited this thread several times, but has not responded in a PM or reply. I don't know what's going on. Adam, if there is an issue just let me know. I have no problem waiting if you need time. Avoiding me makes me feel like my issue won't be resolved. I didn't really want to go into this on the forums, but I feel that I have done all I can to get a response from you. Come on brother, just let me know what's going on. I'm still on your side and want you to succeed, but you really need to be able to get a hold of. As far as my issue that I'm having, here is the thread for those of you who asked.

http://www.commanderforums.org/forums/commander-general-discussion/2774-two-different-size-drive-belts.html

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am not yet convinced that the drive belts are two different sizes. I am not yet convinced that the drive belts are the same size. I think the only way to tell is to take a NEW belt, "not one with a few miles on it", out of a machine and compare measurements from the stock replacement belt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will admit, Adam is a hard guy to track down. I was able to text him, which he usually responds to me. When I had my issue he said he would send me out a new spring and weight. Then a couple of weeks went by and I checked back in with him. He went on a trip to glamis and was gone for a week. He said he sent a bunch out and would make sure mine went out with them. He said if it didn't he would get them to me asap. Well, that was awhile ago and still I have nothing. I have sent him multiple text and even PM'ed him. I even created this thread to tell him I PM'ed him. I've seen that he has visited this thread several times, but has not responded in a PM or reply. I don't know what's going on. Adam, if there is an issue just let me know. I have no problem waiting if you need time. Avoiding me makes me feel like my issue won't be resolved. I didn't really want to go into this on the forums, but I feel that I have done all I can to get a response from you. Come on brother, just let me know what's going on. I'm still on your side and want you to succeed, but you really need to be able to get a hold of. As far as my issue that I'm having, here is the thread for those of you who asked.

http://www.commanderforums.org/forums/commander-general-discussion/2774-two-different-size-drive-belts.html

Ditto.. Well said.. Just don't back your customers into a corner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
nowhere on my website will you find fine print stating loopholes, or policies, or clauses. i dont have any. if you have a problem with my work or my products i will give you your money back. i dont ask questions. if you are not happy, i am not happy. if i cant make you happy, i will apologize and we will square things up. that is how business should be done. do i lose money this way? yes i do. does it makes folks happy to do business with an honest straight forward person, yes it does and making folks happy is what makes me happy. i work 100+ hours a week to make people happy. and i will continue it as long as you guys let me

just thought i would post this as a reminder to everybody about adams promise.lmao a mission statement with no mission what a joke:icon_ devil::icon_ devil:
Ahh.. The good news is then that Troy can get his $$ back. I'll PM him the good news.:partsin01:

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

what problems are you having with your clutch
http://www.commanderforums.org/forums/commander-general-discussion/2774-two-different-size-drive-belts.html <----Clicky

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not yet convinced that the drive belts are two different sizes. I am not yet convinced that the drive belts are the same size. I think the only way to tell is to take a NEW belt, "not one with a few miles on it", out of a machine and compare measurements from the stock replacement belt.
You may be right. Maybe I don't need a new spring, and just need the sheave machined a little. I'm going off what Adam told me. It's possible that he gave me inaccurate information. I hope this is not why he is avoiding me. If he did give me bad information, I'm sure he did it in good faith and was not trying to be malicious about it. If it was a mistake, everyone is allowed to make them once in awhile .I just want to get it fixed. I thought Adam would send me the parts asap. Therfore my Commander has been tore down waiting for them, not thinking it would take this long. I just wanted to throw the parts in and ride. I could just put my stock clutch back in, but what fun is that. I guess I will just give it more time to see if he comes through or not. If not, then obviously I will be unhappy, and will send it back for a refund. Which is not what I want to do. I would rather keep it and have fun. The other thing I would be concerned about now is actually getting a hold of him to get a refund if needed. If it's this hard to get him to send me parts, then I can only imagine how hard it would be to get 1000 dollars back from him. Come on Adam, come through on this for me. Whats going on. Just tell us, we are all adults here. If there is a problem just let us know, and we will deal with it together.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I do not know if any one has checked a belt from a brand new machine. I had every intention of doing it, but could not do it. If it is being measured across the top of the belt, it would not take a lot to wear off .30mm. The new shivs would wear a belt quickly as they are being "lapped" in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts