Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these prices from my dealer. I'm ordering them and hope the show up at the same time.

Part # Desc M.S.R.P. Your Price
715000659 Multi-Mount winch $299.99 $263.99
715000663 Front 2" Reciever $89.99 $79.19
715001014 Rock Slider $259.99 $228.79
715000951 Off Road Xtreme Bumper $299.99 $263.99
715000656 Front Light Protection $159.99 $140.79
715000657 Rear Bumper $249.99 $219.99

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
You should really get the full skid plates, they are expensive, but you will need them. Have you ever seen what running without plates does to an Outlander? It's not a pretty sight.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll wait till a aftermarket product comes out, $1200 for the set is way high!

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
yeah, they are a lot. If your not going to be running in the rocks, I think you'll be ok in waiting. If you do run the rocks without them, you'll tear the bottom frame and plastics up good. I have a deposit on the X and also ordered the full plates, winch plate, and winch. I wanted to get the multi mount plate but after talking to some people they said it rattles like crazy on other UTV models. I don't know if the can am one will, but didn't want to take the chance on it. The multi mount plate almost costs as much as second winch anyway. I could just run a winch on the front and back. I seen a deal on the Warn xt4000 the other day on another site that was going for 300 shipped.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trails I ride on are mostly mud here in Arkansas. Think I'll wait, unless I hit the lotto!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
have you all seen the frame on the commander?? is it anything like the outtys and rene frames???
No it did not look like what they have on the outy's it looks more like what you would see on the other UTV's it is a regular frame. it was hard to see because of the full plastic skid skin.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
hmmm ok well something to concider then ...

ricochet will be making skids for the commander as soon as its out. they are a far superior product over stock and will be a lot cheaper. all you have to do is avoid the rocks for a short time.
ricochet has mentioned an interest in becoming a site sponsor and also mentioned the possibility for a group buy too.

·
Vendor
774 Posts
We'll have full UHMW skid plates and a-arm guards out before people start getting there Commanders in Sept. Unless you want to pay double for a inferior product, check out our UHMW skids. We brought full coverage UHMW skid plates and a-arm guards to the UTV market and have 100's of very happy Rhino, RZR and Teryx customers who'll never go back to aluminum UTV skids. It's half the weight of aluminum, many many times as slick for sliding over obstacles and really tough stuff. canam commander utv parts accessories

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the can-am skids on my outlander and they are junk!!Going to try the uhmw or ricochet skids this time.when my x gets here......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that looks like something I'd be interested in! Let me know when you guys start manufacturing!

·
Vendor
774 Posts
Whats the pricing and do they bolt up without drilling?

hoping to have a Commander in the shop in the next few weeks, until then it's hard to say on Pricing. If I have to guess I'd say less than half of what Can Am is charging for their aluminum skids though. However they probably won't be monogrammed, in case you ever, you know slide under the Commander to check out the monograms... :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts