Can-Am Commander Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Holy f### sticks . Hard price to swallow

im doing the fan override and a new fan, that should be fine, i never overheated from mud down here lol just that west Virginia mud

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
https://www.universalpartsinc.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1132614&c=10388,

i may try this one, mine has 3400 miles on it and sounds tired, this one is supposed to push more air

I think that's the same one I saw on ebay. I think oem is spal too but with the drain tube.

You'll like the fan override. I got the one nelson racing sells on ebay because of the matching switch. Dzmotorsports has them too. I got the one with two settings. 1-factory setting, 2-constantly on. Some people get the 3 setting switch: 1-factory settings, 2- constantly on, 3-off. Lots of people get the 3 position with the theory that if they cut it off when they hit water they wont risk the fan blades. However, my experience is that after you get about 3 bars of temp you switch the override on and for most riding it'll stay at 2 or 3 bars so when you get to a water crossing just flip it to factory settings and it will be off anyway. You don't run the risk of forgetting to turn it back on and overheating like you can accidentally do with the 3 position (beer while riding will increase that risk :wink )

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
https://www.universalpartsinc.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1132614&c=10388,

i may try this one, mine has 3400 miles on it and sounds tired, this one is supposed to push more air

I think that's the same one I saw on ebay. I think oem is spal too but with the drain tube.

You'll like the fan override. I got the one nelson racing sells on ebay because of the matching switch. Dzmotorsports has them too. I got the one with two settings. 1-factory setting, 2-constantly on. Some people get the 3 setting switch: 1-factory settings, 2- constantly on, 3-off. Lots of people get the 3 position with the theory that if they cut it off when they hit water they wont risk the fan blades. However, my experience is that after you get about 3 bars of temp you switch the override on and for most riding it'll stay at 2 or 3 bars so when you get to a water crossing just flip it to factory settings and it will be off anyway. You don't run the risk of forgetting to turn it back on and overheating like you can accidentally do with the 3 position (beer while riding will increase that risk :wink )
I ordered the dz override kit and the nelson racing switch to match factory like you did, the nelson switch is a 3 position incase i want to add the one day,

Reactions: slowindown

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

I ordered the dz override kit and the nelson racing switch to match factory like you did, the nelson switch is a 3 position incase i want to add the one day,

I had a 3 position override set up on my Rhino back in the day with the one position to turn the fan completely off for creek crossings. I wired in a big red almost obnoxious LED on the dash that illuminated when I had the fan turned off specifically so I wouldn't forget and leave it off.

Steve

Reactions: nick1993

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, I found this site to be very helpful with some questions I was having. I just did the fan. So pretty much here it goes, I bought the Hayden from O’Reilly. Wires were the same color as the factory. Spliced those in, removed old fan, installed the Hayden into my shroud, FLIPPED the fan blade on the Hayden, take special care when torquing the nut that holds the fan blade into the motor/shroud. If it’s too tight it will rub against the shroud, if it’s too loose it will eventually shake off and mess up the radiator. Use thread sealant on the nut to keep it from spinning off or coming loose. Viola fan works nice and it very quiet. My next mod will be the fan controller. I live in south fla so it’s typical to ride in a 90-100 degree day. My temp is normally at 4 bars while riding and keeping a good pace, when I slow down to idle for a minute it will jump to 5 bars, then within another 30 seconds to a minute it will drop back down to 4 bars. I’ve read that this is normal when it comes to the temp situation, however hopefully with the fan controller I can maintain between 3-4 bars. Hope this helped anyone else on the same boat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has posted this same info but the Hayden 3680 radiator fan motor replacement is much better replacement both cost and warranty. I bought it at Oriellys for $60 vs $195 from Can Am. Cage the fan and the motor over to the OEM shroud and that is that. Cut and splice the old plug from the old motor. (Wire colors are the same) it runs quieter than the OEM. It even has a lifetime warranty.
hello what is the diameter of the hayden3680?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have any of you installed a fan over ride switch and if so where did you get them and how do they work?

Thanks
I think I got mine from DZ. I got the on/on/off so i could turn it off when crossing deep water or mud, on manually if i know it's about to get hot up a mountain, or keep it factory on. It works great and i think it was just plug and play, super easy.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts