Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has posted this same info but the Hayden 3680 radiator fan motor replacement is much better replacement both cost and warranty. I bought it at Oriellys for $60 vs $195 from Can Am. Cage the fan and the motor over to the OEM shroud and that is that. Cut and splice the old plug from the old motor. (Wire colors are the same) it runs quieter than the OEM. It even has a lifetime warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. The new fan and blades fit perfect into the original housing. MIT sure operates quieter.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Let's see how it holds up. I would imagine the original fan would have better seals since they designed it to be submerged every now and then. The replacement fan might not be able to take too many dunks before the seals give up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It actually doesnt. There is a drain tube that comes out of the bottom of the motor. The Hayden is sealed and did I mention LIFETIME WARRANTY! :)

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
How good does the Hayden mount up to the factory fan shroud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hear these aren't seal like the ones that come on it they burn up after water gets in them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update

How is the fan holding up to the mud and water?

My stock fan is getting gummed up pretty bad and will need a new one soon as its slowly dying.

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
How is the fan holding up to the mud and water?

My stock fan is getting gummed up pretty bad and will need a new one soon as its slowly dying.

You can replace the brushes and bearings in the fan motor , not hard to do . Then it will be spinning at full speed again ..

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Have any of you installed a fan over ride switch and if so where did you get them and how do they work?

Thanks
I have the DZ MotorSports fan overide kit installed and love it very good quality wiring harness with relay/plug and play very simple. I run it constant if moving slow and climbing around and keeps me at 2 bars on gauge regardless and shut it off if crossing deep water.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can replace the brushes and bearings in the fan motor , not hard to do . Then it will be spinning at full speed again ..

I was not aware they were serviceable, ill have to search and see where to get the parts, Thank you.

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
I got them at our local auto part store

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
The rebuilt fan motor on cams Mander is spinning as fast as a new one . Before rebuild it was down at least one third in speed .

1 - 20 of 50 Posts