Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just joined forum
I live in West Australia and have a 2014 commander 800 DPS it’s more of a work truck being used on a sheep station l bought it new and we have had good service from machine in this harsh environment. Engine hr meter stopped working at 1070hrs memory full according to dealer and it has 30000 + kms on Speedo to date.
Just lately there has been an intermittent fault with the 4x4 ,the fuse was blown and replaced but sometimes it would not engage other times it would but then not disengage. I removed the actuation box on gearbox tested plug power seems to get there when switched but no noise from box. I opened actuator box and it was flooded with gearbox oil should it be like this ? Cleaned it out and the motor runs in both directions but when reassembled really fights to move the arm .
Am l missing something or will a new unit solve my problem most parts in Australia need you to remortgage your house and secondhand stuff just not available easily if at all
I moved the linkage in gearbox and it seems to engage and disengage ok.

Bushie

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
They get weak over time unless you got a short a new actuator should fix it right up. Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They get weak over time unless you got a short a new actuator should fix it right up. Welcome to the forum!!
Thank you will start looking for a replacement.
Is it wise to avoid aftermarket ones or is there some which will suffice?

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
There are lots of wreckers around . The last 4x4 module I bought I paid 40 bucks for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are lots of wreckers around . The last 4x4 module I bought I paid 40 bucks for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Troy
Unfortunately not in this part of Australia wreckers for this type of equipment unknown here l expect there are only small amounts of sbs compared with you guys.Nearly all parts l have ordered have to come from the eastern states of Australia
Bushie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts