Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to share my ride. Most ppl had 29.5 so anyways here's what 28 on factory settings with no lift or shocks cranked.

·
Registered
402 Posts
serious looking tires on a great looking Can Am

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looking good. Those tires should work well in the mud.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I really dig the idea of a more aggressive tire in only a slightly taller profile. Without being able to change the gearing in the diffs like you can in fullsize vehicles, the performance really has to suffer with the 29.5" and taller tires. Nice choice!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinda how I felt. Had I gone to 29.5 it would had needed clutch work and probably a lift. I picked up the 29.5 and just weighed to much for my liking. Also keeping everything factory(clutchs,lift) I can pop my factory tires back on there and not have to adjust anything

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey dudeman I have a 2014 1000xt I'm thinking if doing mine the same way just wondering how much power loss did u have with the ol2 and can u creep around in mud with out belt slipping ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to much power loss at all. I added the sport low with it. I lost a couple mph off top end. Zero belt slipping. I just kept it in low when I'm in the mud. You won't need no clutch work. She's a beast . I hardly ever use 4wd anymore

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks man how much diff can u tell with sport low installed and was it easy to install

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh and did u skinny's all the way around and if so how dose it Handel at high speeds?

·
Registered
164 Posts
What's the weight on those OL2's?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sport low was a piece of cake. I watched a video on YouTube first then I did it. It's a few min job. As far as it helped I never ran it on my factory tires but with it installed with the bigger tires it feels more powerful then it did with stock tires and no sport low. I can't imagine the power of sport low with my factory tires. One day I'm gonna put them back on I'm willing to bet it could pull the front off the ground. Before sport low I hated riding in low the throttle response wasn't there and the top end was to low well with the sportlow it takes care of that. You can actually enjoy low before it felt like a super low on a 500. Now it feels like your getting the true 85 hp from bottom to the top.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I run the 9.5 up front and 11s in the back the weight is 39 and 44lbs compared to the 29.5 there 9.5 is 44 and the 11s are 52. So there's a big difference in too. The 28s paddle better because the lugs are spaced a bit wider but I'm sure makes them rougher. Going slow on hard surfaces there rough but after 5-10 mph there not bad at all. As far as they handle I've had them up to 66mph on highway and ya there pretty squirrelly

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok thanks Man U where a lot of help I'll post some picks when I get mine on

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice ride man . I'm not sure how to put mine on here

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·