·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Only the X model had the 12" beadlocks
XT came with 14" rims

·
Registered
493 Posts
I always wondered why there were no Big Brake Kits out there for SXS's... Also agree with Ed that a "real" performance brake kit should have the additional LR brake caliper/rotor/brake line as the stock 3 caliper/rotor setup seems to me to be a cost cutting measure by BRP... I realize the majority of braking occurs at the front brakes, but still, there are very few if ANY High Performance anything's out there with 1 brake on the rear axle...
So according to the pics, this is a "3 Rotors and 3 Hubs" kit, no brackets, pads, calipers, etc...?

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
The kit is two front disk's and two mounting brackets to reuse your calipers

·
Registered
493 Posts

Thnx, I see that now after looking closer at the pic posted... Sooooo, $349 for 2 slotted rotors and 2 brackets...............

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Yup , to much for a poor old ex farm boy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Thnx, I see that now after looking closer at the pic posted... Sooooo, $349 for 2 slotted rotors and 2 brackets...............
Yes this is correct. Price is now $329. I realize that may seem steep to some, but you have to consider these are made in a small run on very expensive precision machines. With quality materials. In the USA. There not cheap to make. I refuse to cut corners on anything. They are made to meet or exceed oem quality. Not something many aftermarket companies can claim. I can tell you this. They are worth every penny. The kit makes a huge difference in braking power.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thanks for the update... Commanders can use better/bigger brakes... Making a better kit in small quantities will be $$$ for sure... My stock front pads are close to gone and I'll have to do something to replace them eventually... I'll consider your kit when the time comes...

·
Registered
233 Posts
A new member was asking if there were any brake upgrades for the Defender?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This kit well take your stock brakes from 220mm to 260mm. That is an 18% increase in leverage the rotor has on the wheel. This kit makes a huge difference in braking power. A must have for people who ride fast, have bigger tires, or carry passengers. Our Maverick max turbo went from -.68g in a controlled stop to just over -.9g. All parts are machined out of steel, the rotors are surface ground, and all parts are zinc coated. These well last a long time and well look good for the life of the machine. Replacement rotors are available in the event you are able to wear them out.

This kit fits 2014 Commander max 1000 dps, xt, 2015 Commander max limited and dps,xt, 2016-up all Commander, 2014 Maverick xmr, Maverick max, 2015 Maverick xmr, all turbo, all max, 2016-up all Maverick. This kit sells for $349.99 plus $15 shipping. PM or check out our website. UTV HardwareUTV Hardware makes parts to make your UTV perform better. At this time we are focused on big brake rotor kits for Can Am Maverick and Commander. Thanks.
Where can I purchase this kit?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts