Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This kit well take your stock brakes from 220mm to 260mm. That is an 18% increase in leverage the rotor has on the wheel. This kit makes a huge difference in braking power. A must have for people who ride fast, have bigger tires, or carry passengers. Our Maverick max turbo went from -.68g in a controlled stop to just over -.9g. All parts are machined out of steel, the rotors are surface ground, and all parts are zinc coated. These well last a long time and well look good for the life of the machine. Replacement rotors are available in the event you are able to wear them out.

This kit fits 2014 Commander max 1000 dps, xt, 2015 Commander max limited and dps,xt, 2016-up all Commander, 2014 Maverick xmr, Maverick max, 2015 Maverick xmr, all turbo, all max, 2016-up all Maverick. This kit sells for $349.99 plus $15 shipping. PM or check out our website. UTV HardwareUTV Hardware makes parts to make your UTV perform better. At this time we are focused on big brake rotor kits for Can Am Maverick and Commander. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Nice product , show us more good stuff . I feel like a kid in a candy store .

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This kit won't fit a 2014 800XT then?

That would be such a nice upgrade for my rig.

-Kris

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
This kit well take your stock brakes from 220mm to 260mm. That is an 18% increase in leverage the rotor has on the wheel. This kit makes a huge difference in braking power. A must have for people who ride fast, have bigger tires, or carry passengers. Our Maverick max turbo went from -.68g in a controlled stop to just over -.9g. All parts are machined out of steel, the rotors are surface ground, and all parts are zinc coated. These well last a long time and well look good for the life of the machine. Replacement rotors are available in the event you are able to wear them out.

This kit fits 2014 Commander 1000 dps, xt, 2015 Commander limited and dps,xt, 2016-up all Commander, 2014 Maverick xmr, Maverick max, 2015 Maverick xmr, all turbo, all max, 2016-up all Maverick. This kit sells for $349.99 plus $15 shipping. PM or check out our website. UTV HardwareUTV Hardware makes parts to make your UTV perform better. At this time we are focused on big brake rotor kits for Can Am Maverick and Commander. Thanks.
How about the thousands of 11,12 & 13 commanders ????

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
From what I can see if you have 14" rims or bigger your set . You can't put a bigger rotor on a unit with 12" rims

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
From what I can see if you have 14" rims or bigger your set . You can't put a bigger rotor on a unit with 12" rims

Boo-yaaa ....Spring time upgrades!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Boo-yaaa ....Spring time upgrades!

·
Super Moderator
24,549 Posts
So if you buy this kit you have to replace your calipers?? Commander and Maverik use same front calipers 11 threw 15 according to part fish. The caliper numbers you listed are not the same as brp list. Just looking for clarification thanks.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
If you want to really build a brake kit include all the DIY materials to include 4th, LR brake, which is non existany on commanders !!!!

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Not sure how one can list part numbers of brake parts that the numbers get upgraded often from BRP .
I would think any canam with 14" rims this kit should work .

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
If you want to really build a brake kit include all the DIY materials to include 4th, LR brake, which is non existany on commanders !!!!

Unless it has a locking rear diff I do believe!!

But yes I do agree with you that would be s kit that would I interest me also.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
yes you must have 14" wheels. If your machine uses caliper part #705601129 and #705601128 these well work.

Those are part numbers for the Maverick MAX and the Commander MAX, but the part numbers for the Commander are:

LH - 705600679

RH - 705600678

Rear -705600872

Anyone know why they're different?

-Kris

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to several oem parts houses. Those part numbers are shared by all the machines listed in my first post. They well not fit all commanders. They won't fit earlier mavericks either. The kit was designed to fit the Maverick turbo. If your machine has the same 220mm setup as the maverick turbo these well fit. The reason I use the caliper part # for reference is because of the fitment to the caliper mounting bracket. Hope this clears things up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So if you buy this kit you have to replace your calipers?? Commander and Maverik use same front calipers 11 threw 15 according to part fish. The caliper numbers you listed are not the same as brp list. Just looking for clarification thanks.
The calipers do not get replaced. Just moved away from the hub center. This kit well not fit the early brake set up you are referring too. It is for the current production setup. Back to 14 on commander max. But not used until 16 on commander.

·
Super Moderator
24,549 Posts

The calipers do not get replaced. Just moved away from the hub center. This kit well not fit the early brake set up you are referring too. It is for the current production setup. Back to 14 on commander max. But not used until 16 on commander.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
So are you going to build bracket's for my old 2012 commander . I have 14" rims on it . Your rotors will work but not the caliper brackets . Correct
??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts