Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2022 Max XT P is supposed to be in this month and I’m struggling to find photos online detailing the dashboard. Trying to get all my lights and accessories bought ahead of time so they are ready for install when it gets here. Anyone already have one that they could send a few pics of the dash layout ? Curious how many stock blank rocker switch holes there are so I know how many accessories I can add before having to add a modified switch panel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The dash is full on the XTP. You only have two blanks available and they are on the shifter console between the seats. I used one blank for the power flip windshield and the other for my light bar. My wife bought me a set of 5150 lighted whips for my birthday back in November. So I bought the overhead switch panel from can am. Haven’t installed it yet. Waiting for spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, that’s kind of what I gathered from the limited photos online. I’m installing the power flip windshield, rock lights and a light bar, I guess I’m gonna have to add an accessory switch panel somewhere, looks like the dash is full and the above windshield area is the go to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Beside the key post their is also room for a switch. If you look on the back there is an outline to cut out for the switch.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dash is full on the XTP. You only have two blanks available and they are on the shifter console between the seats. I used one blank for the power flip windshield and the other for my light bar. My wife bought me a set of 5150 lighted whips for my birthday back in November. So I bought the overhead switch panel from can am. Haven’t installed it yet. Waiting for spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does the switch panel come with wires to extend to bus bar ?

·
Registered
2022 Commander Max XT
6 Posts
Believe the xtp has all the ones on dash already filled but there are more spots available on the shifter/center column and there is enough plastic where additional switches could be cut out. Have seen a template to get a switch right next to the lil key knob. Also, when I installed the street legal kit from Corbin custom. They supplied a 3d printed piece for additional 3 more spots. That installs right under start button. Attached some pics for you.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior
White Black Motor vehicle Camera accessory Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Grey Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great pics, that was exactly what I needed. I already ordered the roof mount 4 blank unit but I’m sure I’ll find something else I want to add down the road so it’s good to have options. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Johnny, very helpful. How are you liking the power flip windshield? I’m putting one on the commander when it comes in. Pretty user friendly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pics of my setup. The one pics is my knee where the add on buttons would be.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
There's a video on you tube where a guy drilled some holes in that overhead switch panel and put led light to light up the interior.. cool idea

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is doing great. Makes install nice. I used eagle eyes leds for interior light but I used a piece of fiberglass for a ceiling.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts