Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully picking up a new one tomorrow.Whys the smallest trailer size I can bring her home with?

·
Registered
7 Posts
6’ wide by 12’ long is as small as I would go. I’ve been trailering stuff for 30 years and I’m always on the side of having more trailer (and truck) than I need. Just safer and more reliable. I’m switching from ATV to UTV so I’m upgrading my trailer as well. Found a used but well maintained 7’ by 14’ dual axle trailer for less than a new 6’ by 12’ single axle and I know I’ll always have enough trailer even if I decide to go bigger in the future. Just my $.02

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use a 6x16 double axle for my defender or commander. Always nice to be able to slide a couple coolers on or a farming implement. I wish I would have gone 18ft so I could fit my daughters Honda rancher on there too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I did pick up the machine Tuesday so the search starts for th trailer and accessories

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are dirt trail night riding I have to suggest Baja designs 10 inch S8 amber light bar. The light spectrum hits between dust and the visibility is hands down the best. I put them on my defender and my commander. Cost is a bit more but it is the best thing I have added to my rides.

·
Registered
171 Posts
6' X 12' is minimum BUT if the axle is too far forward, you get some sway at highway speeds.

Don't ask how I know this !!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts