Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Recently sold my '13 maverick and trying out the new commander. Picking up a 2021 XT from the dealer tomorrow. I already bought the Boss Audio BRT26A soundbar for it hoping to get it installed tomorrow night before a break in ride on Saturday. Anyway, i'm wondering what my best option is for wiring this soundbar. It comes with a cigarette lighter plug, but I would like to wire it to key power. It also comes with a cigarette lighter adapter with a power and ground wire coming out of it. I've read about a busbar under the dash on the driver's side of these new Commanders. Should I go to there? How do I make this work for keyed power using the cigarette lighter adapter wiring the soundbar comes with? Sorry, i'm not a wiring guy by any means. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
103 Posts
You could cut the cigarette plug off. Run the wire in the cage, down the rear firewall, through the shifter console to get to the bus bar. I’ll post pics of my stereo so you can see what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the pictures! I will have to take a look when I get mine home this afternoon. Do you know if there will be a black, red, and green wire if I cut the cigarette plug off? Then just get some eyelets to attach to the busbar? I've never dealt with one before. What's up with the green black and blue dots? I'm not real sure what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When you cut the plug off you’ll only have two wires. Hot and ground. Never mind the “dots”. Where you hook into the bus bar is past that. Where the red rubber “guard” hides the posts. It’s actually labeled. Ground , power, accessory. Tough to see in a picture. As soon as you stick your head under there it will all make sense. Lol. If you need any help just PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts