Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well for the first two months I owned my new Can Am I thought it looked like they actually made something that wasn't an extreme headache to work on. Now it's time for the first service and they had me fooled. What all do you have to take off to get this stupud engine service cover off that's behind the seats? I've got both seats out but there doesn't seem to be enough room for the cover or that rubber piece over it to slide up and out??

Edit: I got to the oil filter from under the bed. Not sure why the book tells you to do it through that service cover from inside the cab. To top it off I think the dealer gave me the wrong oil change kit. Came with 4 quarts when these only take 2.1, and the internals of the oil filter are not as deep as the original filter that came out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a little FYI in hopes this will help someone else. Another discrepancy I found with the book on the 2021 Commander is the gearbox fluid capacity. It says 2.1 quarts. I should have checked the fluid level after putting 2 quarts in, but I didn't. I put 2 quarts plus 3-4 ounces in and it's way over full. Save yourself the $30 on an extra quart of 75w140. 2 quarts should cover it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts